This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Problem accessing forum

A Number of people have reported problems in the past 24 hours accessing my forum at http://pub38.bravenet.com/forum/3219660836

but I can see and so can some others.

I haven't got any blocked IP addresses.

Does anyone have any clues or has anyone been experiencing similar problems?

Re: Problem accessing forum

I haven't experienced any connectivity problems with Bravenet forums.

I don't know how many ISPs serve the Isle of Man but I guess far fewer than on the mainland. I would guess the problem is with one particular ISP on the island.

No problems accessing it from Wi-Manx.

Who is responsible for blocking IP addresses? The forum owner (Murray, in this case), or Bravenet themselves?

If it's Murray, and he hasn't blocked any, and Bravenet aren't blocking any, is it possible that the ISP has decided that Bravenet is dodgy, and is preventing the throughput of requests to Bravenet?

Thanks!

The forum owner blocks IP addresses. The OP is located on a small island midway between England and Ireland. It is quite possible that an ISP serving that island was simply overloaded and started throttling traffic.

Thanks Peter. Yes - I'm on the Isle of Man too - and unfortunately the problem hasn't gone away. Only some people cannot get through: I can get to the forum fine, but Murray still can't.

make sure don't have some security software blocking you from accessing the Forum and more things