Return to Website

Tweedbank Online Forum

Welcome to the Tweedbank Online Forum. Please feel free to leave a query on a subject relevant to Tweedbank & The Borders only. Thank You.

Tweedbank Online Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Complainers - Give a Thought

Well done Steve
I am aware of the effort you put in, what I would like to see is those that decry anything and everything in the village but do little or nothing to help. If only they could give even a couple of hours a week to help the various organisations and groups in Tweedbank they would then realise the time and effort that the members of the organisations/groups put in, without pay, to make this village a better place to live. If they do join start to help then they may find that it is them that are being complained about and then they will realise how it feels. If you look at most of the groups in Tweedbank it is the same faces you see, let's get some new blood into the system with new ideas that will benefit the population of Tweedbank
The Thinker

Re: Re: Re: Complainers - Give a Thought

Hello to the thinker. Well.......... as a resident of Tweedbank, I must say that I agree with his every word. John Cavaroli seems to be on every Committee only because he loves doing it and surely thats a good enough reason for him and every one who does love doing it. I must say though that new faces are indeed needed. Why does David Parker not come around our doors now to see if we have any problems. I suppose that some people in out village have never ever seen him. First and Foremost... he is OUR councillor and not leader of the council....... but what exactly does he do for us nowadays, except pillage waste ground and sell to Eildon, so that more rough families can turn us into the new langlee. Thinker, maybe you should think about selling your big house wherever it may be, because Tweedbank is going down the tubes with Parker in control.!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Complainers - Give a Thought

It's good to see this site is growing. Thanks for your opinion. One point though I wish I could sell a big house.
To your points or at least some of them.
John Cavaroli does a very good job for Tweedbank or at least tries to. It's often not the fault of the various chairs that things don't get done. The Grizzly Woods Play area is a classic example.
As to David Parker he does in fact do a lot of things behind the scenes for Tweedbank that most of the resdients probablly don't know about, I do agree with your point though that he should be more visible to HIS Constituents.As to pillaging waste ground to sell to Eildon this ground was always earmarked for housing anyway, and you obviously have second sight if you already know that more "rough families" are going to live here in Tweedbank. I'm not sure that the decent people of Langlee would be very please about your obviously biased view of them as you seem to group everyone from Langlee as "rough"???
Tweedbank will not go down the tubes unless everyone in the village is as negative as you appear to be, and it has even less chance of going down the drain as they are at full capacity anyway. Now there's something to get your teeth into, why don't you attend the Community Council Meetings - every second Wednesday of the month at 7.30pm in the community centre- and make constructive comments on the housing development about to start in the village? I'm sure you could add a few good comments and at the same time possibly force some changes to the plan. An added incentive is that you would get to see David Parker as he has rarely missed a meeting.
Now we have a thinker and a planner on the forum I wonder when the developer will arrive

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello to the thinker. Well.......... as a resident of Tweedbank, I must say that I agree with his every word. John Cavaroli seems to be on every Committee only because he loves doing it and surely thats a good enough reason for him and every one who does love doing it. I must say though that new faces are indeed needed. Why does David Parker not come around our doors now to see if we have any problems. I suppose that some people in out village have never ever seen him. First and Foremost... he is OUR councillor and not leader of the council....... but what exactly does he do for us nowadays, except pillage waste ground and sell to Eildon, so that more rough families can turn us into the new langlee. Thinker, maybe you should think about selling your big house wherever it may be, because Tweedbank is going down the tubes with Parker in control.!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Complainers - Give a Thought

Well that was very constructive. According to The TCC minutes, which I believe are published on the tweedie website, there are a lot of apologies from David parker for not attending, so please check this out Thinker.
I think Tweedbank is heading for a huge traffic problem, with the possiblilty of a massive B & Q warehouse being earmarked for the village.I am not against change, just how it happens and how it affects us all.
Langlee... well its obvious that it is a dump and an eyesore, so dont kid yourself that its not. have you ever lived in Jura, craw wood or Cherry park.. no?? try it and see.
I will be attending the next meeting and will stand up with my views and parker and you will know about it sont worry. Stop sticking up for a man who has forgotten his roots and see sense