Forum: Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Starting BF support group in Hamilton!

I wish I could say I'd come - but I'm a little out of the way - in Rockwood. But I did want to drop a line to sympathize with your experience. I've been contemplating doing exactly the same thing here. A breastfeeding support group that is supportive of diversity and free thought! What a concept. I'm especially interested in being able to include single/teen and working moms in such a group. I'd love to know how your new group works out! I'd really like to see such an alternative group take hold across Canada.

Mary-Tim

Mary-Tim

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi all,

I have decide that I would like to slowly start a breastfeeding support group in my area of Hamilton. I have been frustrated with local LLL groups and feel somewhat left out because I may or may not practice the exact parenting styles they do. This upsets me because breastfeeding does not demand that the lifestyles be similar in order to get together to chat and support one another about breastfeeding/parenting subjects.

I would love to have a group that meets before or after naps, focuses on every aspect of breastfeeding especially past the first year, touches on motherhood/parenthood topics, and where no one gets judged if they AP, Ferberized, weaned, SAHM or W. Sound good?

Let me know of anyone here would be interested. It is still in the early stages, as is the corresponding web site I am working on getting running.

Hugs

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com