Return to Website

Smoke Persians Web Forum

The Smoke Persians Web Forum (Message Board) is open to anyone with a true interest in the Smoke Persians. Feel free to ask any question you may have regarding these stunning cats! Meet other breeders and owners of Smoke Persians - make new friends!

Smoke Persians Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
breeding smokes and showing is it true that there are no cpc smokes

I presently breed pur persian solids and i am looking at getting in to smokes i love the black smoke .I have a opertunity to get a cpc tortie smoke female .But iam wondering how this will afect showing her and her ofspring as i have pures i also had a offer for a pure smoke female later on . What iam hopeing for is info about what is best for furture showing .Could you send me some info about showing smokes and breeding them so they would be will accepted in show ring i dont want to breed pet s .

carmelita

Re: breeding smokes and showing is it true that there are no cpc smokes

Greetings from Ceylon Cattery,
While there are many purists out there in the Persian world meaning... Persians with no lineage including Himalayans or Exotics...
There are also the more non traditional breeders whom do have the Himalayan lineage present in their lines.
Including a CPC smoke will introduce the CPC 3000 # to all offspring that results from such Persian.

Smokes are a small niche of some truly good breeders. But introducing the CPC genes you're cutting back on open doors to some of the best smoke breeders programs out there. (Not 100%, but it's definitely going to prove to be a disappointment from time to time.)
Additionally, providing your breeding your smoke to a NON CPC carrier male, you'll not produce smoke point Himalayans. Now those offspring have such potential.
However should you breed to a CPC male, you risk producing this odd coloration. They make nice pets. But is that all your after? To produce pets?

Bottom line is whats important to you? Are you willing to have some of the best doors in the world closed to you for having CPC smokes? Are you willing to produce smoke points which are not acceptable for show in CFA? What's the point of you introducing a smoke CPC to your program? If you want to have more opportunities, pass on the CPC smoke and go find yourself a lovely pure lineage Smoke to introduce into your program.

I hope somehow I've been of assistance to you.
Sincerely,
Ceylon Cattery