Return to Website

PAULS FORUM

Welcome to my forum !  Any views/opinions contained in any message on this forum are solely those of the contributor.The webmaster assumes no resposibility for messages other than his own.The webmaster may also delete under his discretion any message/messages that he finds unsuitable (for whatever reason).AND MAY BAN THE PERSON WHO LEAVES IT . upon leaving a message on this forum you agree to the above, BE NICE !!!!

RIGHT CLICK & OPEN IN NEW TAB  FOR FACEBOOK PAGE

https://www.facebook.com/Paul-Thompson-Roxy-Music-186786024677654/?fref=ts

PAULS FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Whatever happened to the FYP-tour dvd/cd?

There is a special edition CD/DVD in production as we speak to mark the 40th anniversary of the first Roxy album next year .So I assume the FYP Tour DVD may come out with that special edition or seperately.

Whatever happened to the FYP-tour dvd/cd?

As far as I know some production work has been done on this but it is not complete.

They all have other projects to distract them and therefore it is not complete. I don't think there is a planned date for release as yet.

You will have read on BF's facebook page that there is the intention for the release of a 40th Anniversary deluxe edition of the first Roxy album next year. I have been working on this for the band and EMI and it looks promising.

J.O'B.

Can you not persuade them to do a world tour John?

Ok, a release of the first album but we all have that! And the boots from around the time. It is new stuff I would like such as the FYP tour recording/films.

Supported. Finally a like-minded, but a deluxe edition of the first album with stuff never heard before would also be nice...

Gary & New Romantic;

The deluxe edition will have some rare material that has not been bootleged as well as a lot of unseen photos from that period. I recently did an interview with drummer Dexter Lloyd who was in the band for a few months and was involved in some of the demos they did. This may form part of the expanded book within the box set.

Here is the first press had in 1971 and refers to the original demo.

http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/articles_296.php

A 40th anniversary tour in 2012 please, please PLEASE!

Hi John,

Could you email me please as I want to ask you a question and can`t find your email address.

Regards,

Kevin
Roxy Magic
info@roxymagic.co.uk