CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re:Revised Contact Information

CONTACT CHANGES for the "Casa Ybel owner’s web site":

E-mails to the site changed to: James@casaybel.com

Please use following as "Subject" when writing your e-mail to me:
Casa Ybel Matters.

Your listings will no longer show your e-mail up front, but replaced with the word "email", which you as usual can click and an email form will come
up on the screen (if you have an email capability on your computer)enabling you to an easy way to contact the owner by e-mail. This change has been done to provide front line privacy on the listing as you see it.

Phone line changes:
New Phone: (Land line) 239-368-5143 (Carl J.Appelberg)
If no answer please leave verbal message, and use 239-368-6354 (cell) (was old land line)

Due to poor coverage by SPRINT in my home area this number can only catch me away from home. No more call forwarding needed, and I receive the call anywhere away from home by the cell phone.

This should help owners reach me at all times.

Reason for change:
My e-mail was sold to every spammer due to its constant exposure on this site. At present I have over 1000 e-mails to sort every day.

Carl@casaybel.com is now closed.

Spam controls do not always work as some Casa Ybel listing requests went into spam trash.
Some owners suggested I remove their e-mails to a level below the visible, which is the reason for above suggested change in listings. (Still not foolproof, but however less visible)

Write-in Forms for listings on the web site casaybel.com have all been changed to new forwarding addresses. You do not need to change anything when using the built in forms.

I hope this will improve our communications.
Thanks
Carl Appelberg

Re: Re:Revised Contact Information

Why not have a secure website for owners that would require user name and password instead of this high profile highly searchable board that leaves everyone unprotected?

Re: Re: Re:Revised Contact Information

You can still count our numbers of serious trespassers on one hand (two fingers so far)) during the lifetime of the program, but you still have a good point.

I am going to ask the board permission to secure a list of owners, just like both Hilton and our Hospitality group has in order to create privacy on our account.
This list will be used for individual codes to create private access by owners to the Forum only..

Could we get together and create a list of owners to sign a petition to our board to allow the Casa Ybel website www.casaybel.com custody of a copy of the same list with which we can verify ownerships and issue passwords to owners.
Thank you
Carl Appelberg

PS
When sending me an email (james@casaybel.com) please use the words “Casa Ybel” as start off the “subject” line, thanks
This will help sort the thousands of Junk Mail we receive.

Re: Re: Re: Re:Revised Contact Information

Our web master has a plan for the privatizing of our Owner's Forum.
I still have my original list of owners from the 1980's, but it is outdated. At that time board members received them from Mariner when they joined the board.
Not any more, what a tragedy.
I have written each board member to help us obtain an update for use in controlling access to our Owner's Forum.
At next meeting allow one copy to remain in my hands in order to verify ownership and issue code words, which can be made by the owners themselves, and I will apply them, so username and password will be unique to the owners.
I promise not to sell names or use it for any other purpose than to control and identify real owners.
Please inform the board of your support to create a private communication point amongst us at no cost to anybody.
Thank you
Carl J Appelberg