CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Complaints by Lynn

Sorry about the gender confusion, Lynn, and truly sorry to hear about your wife. I hope her recovery is well on its way!

Also, my less than successful attempt at humor in making a remark about "free vacations" obviously was out of place with you who has never submitted an expense account bill to the board, and it calls for an apology, here given.

However, as for my statements about the "platform" issues you put forth when you were running for election to the board, I still would appreciate answers about the statements - and promises - that you made regarding Hospitality's vs. owners' control of the board.

And - I still stand by my objection to your ridicule of Carl and this website. I can't imagine why anyone would bother reading or contributing to any kind of "bulletin" that wasn't put in place for those who were searching for something - a "thing" or an action. A bulletin or site that was started merely for those who needed the fix of a mutual "feel good" moment? I don't think so! You can find the latter - as Tom Defouw so accurately put it - in the "wasted two hours" of the Tuesday morning coffees.

So, please keep in mind that, if the owners bother with reading or contributing to this site, they (we) ARE searching for something, and we need the help of board members we put in place to do the job. I hope that in future meetings you will direct your attention to the causes - OUR causes - as you expressed them and as we accepted them in your pre-election platform.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Complaints by Lynn

I'm not cetain what you mean by the statement "hospitality vs. owner's control of the board". I don't know of any attempt by hospitality or action by the board that was based on hospitality's direction.
The whole operation works much better when we work together and I'll certainly give credit to hospitality for controlling the weddings. The music stops at 10:00 and most of the noise stops shortly thereafter. It wasn't that way until guests began complaining and hospitality took steps to correct the problem. I do recognize however that the 3 weeks that we own at Casa Ybel are in building F which is further removed. If the owners were to acquire hospitality, what do you see as a benefit to the owners? As a director, I would want nothing to do with running the restaurant, weddings or even the pool bar. I believe most of the owners want a nice place to vacation that is well maintained, free of hassles and is reasonably priced. If we were trying to run the business end and weren't successful, we could see our costs escalating out of our control. The pool and tennis courts probably should belong to the owners and that is one itme we might pursue. We have been paying a portion of the maintenance over and above our dues and hospitality might be happy to get rid of them.

Insofar as the purpose of this website is concerned. If outsiders are visiting the site and the owners want to use it as an avenue for renting our units, does it make sense to have such a large percentage of complaints on the site. If the site were closed, it might be different, but would you rent sight unseen if you read the negative remarks that are posted.

I'm sorry you feel like the owner's coffee are only "blowing smoke". Where else do you learn what is going on with the resort? There are some major renovation coming up that will be the subject of discussion at the coffee after the board meeting and it is helpful to meet our manager and staff as well.

Incidently, I will likely be asking for some reimbursement expenses for coming meetings.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Complaints by Lynn

Unbelievable that a site like this is not login and password protected. And that I, a now-owner is allowed to post here. I owned 5 weeks but sold all 15 years ago and realized a handsome return on my investment. You are right, airing your dirty laundry for all to see detracts from Casa Ybel and the value of your property. Why make all this negative stuff viewable to the public. I have been administrating condominium intranets for over 20 years and this is the poster boy for what not to do. This is not the way to enhance Casa Ybel. Sad to read all this negeative postings on such a potentially great property. MAKE IT PRIVATE!

Re: Re: Complaints by Lynn

I am pleased by your inputs indicating you both are seeking to level our playing field and explain the reasons for improving our understanding of each other.

One question was left in my mind:
Why do we have weekly meetings that obviously are boring to most owners stealing time from themselves to enjoy what they really came for, time to spend on the beach, not inside Thistle Lodge?

Why not use this web site to explain upcomming repairs and maintenance as they are planned?
Why do we waiste time with 6-10 owners out 3500 at a coffee every week which we are paying dearly for? A bill is placed every week for us to pay for the breakfast just explaining information that could be updated every week for free on this web? Or do the owners just get the same story over and over again each week at a large cost to the other owners?

Having the plans for maintenance listed on this web would create a continuous flow, that would be understood by all owners.

Food for thought.

Carl Appelberg

Re: Re: Re: Complaints by Lynn

I don't think the owners coffees are a waste of time nor are they a waste of money. The coffee is an opportunity to meet other owners and to become acquainted with the owner's managers and hospitality's manager and the sales personnel. The owner's coffees ordinarily last 1 hour or less. If someones vacation is so tightly scheduled that they don't feel they have the time to spare, don't go!! I take vacations to relax, not to run, run, run.

The physical layout of Casa Ybel makes meeting other owners rather difficult and the social setting of the coffee provides a good way to get acquainted.