CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Casa Ybel Looking Up

We just returned from our week 16 stay and were very pleased with what has been done at the resort, we have been at Casa Ybel for over 15 years. The grounds, especially the pool area, appear to be getting much more attention – they appear cleaner and better maintained. On the beach, the chairs and umbrellas were in place and being checked throughout the day, there was even someone checking to see if any needed repair. We were at our chairs until 5 each evening and the attendant made an effort for our set to be the last he picked up. The towel situation is fine, there were fresh towels delivered throughout the day and someone was there until at least 6:00 each evening. After that I think you could go to the front desk if you needed anything. We had a problem with our garbage disposal one evening after dinner and someone was in our unit within a half hour to fix it. The next evening the lights on the stairs on the beach side were out in Building I and again, someone came within an hour of notification and fixed the problem. My one suggestion and I made it at the IJK annual meeting, is to have staff walk the grounds more frequently just looking for things that might need attention.

Yes, there are too many weddings, the tent appears to go up routinely on Friday afternoon and not come down until Monday morning. Definitely doesn’t set the ideal mood for the first few days of vacation, but it shouldn’t ruin the whole week.

Overall, I felt that everything is once again trending upwards.

Re: Casa Ybel Looking Up

Agree with everything you wrote
We just returned from week 18 in 203G and 19 in I 159.
We had a very nice time and the resort is ib very good shape and seems to hve benefited form the insurance after Charley.
We had few issues with chairs and umbrella's [Walk- on's stealling the chairs] but the issues were solved by the staff and by being pro-active myself and asking the people to move and standing staring until they did move
Seemed to work and no one was aggressive.
So I think you just hold firm and people understand the chairs are rented by owners and not free but they just try anyway and if no one acts to move them they have free chairs for the day.
The resort also credited me for the day's it happened.
Nice thing was no red tide,no algae,and the beach was the nicest we have encountered in many years.
The safes are nice addition although ours would not open one night as we headed off for dinner.
I thought "here we go a... big headache,but in 5 minutes Todd from maintenance was there and opened the safe and we were on our way.
He explained that safes are very sensitive and if anything is leaning against the door on the inside they will not open.
Overall we still have a first class resort,the staff is enforcing the rules of no food and beverages near the pool and doing their best to keep control.
Casa is still a great vacation place for families and our son in law ,daughter and new grandaughter who visited for the first time and he is used to big expense account travel was very impressed by the place and surprised by the "Hawaiian" feel to Sanibel/Captiva area in general
Overall we had super ,restful time and made quite a few new friends and renewed old ones.
Just thought people would like some comments that are positive and up to date

Hugh McGowan