CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vacation units are now scarce

Available units are scarce and moving fast!

Today 11 more units were removed from the web and we are down to only 11 available units for June and only 6 totals for July and August combined!
Owners wrote "I rented the day it was placed on the web and have money in hand already! Please remove"

With the $ falling in value with the resultant high price for gas the news today is that US travel to Europe was down, we are vacationing at home in Florida.

X-Comptroller general of the US Mr. Walker just announced on NBC that the Euro has almost doubled its value this month towards the $, and the $ is spiraling down. Our Healthcare, Social Security and foreign debt is killing us. Our government has no financial control.

My pension from Denmark in Danish Kroner now pays me twice the amount in $, no wonder $ cost of gas is climbing. The gas is not going up that much in Europe like here, it’s the falling $ that forces higher import prices.

"You know the American people, I tell you, they are absolutely starved for two things: the truth, and leadership," Walker says.

He calls it a fiscal wake up tour, and he is telling civic groups, university forums and newspaper editorial boards that the U.S. has spent, promised, and borrowed itself into such a deep hole it will be unable to climb out if it doesn’t act now. As Walker sees it, the survival of the republic is at stake.

"What’s going on right now is we’re spending more money than we make…we’re charging it to credit card…and expecting our grandchildren to pay for it. And that’s absolutely outrageous," he told the editorial board of the Seattle Post Intelligencer.

You have heard this before, from Ross Perot 15 years ago. You might have even thought the problem had been solved, when President Clinton announced, "Tonight, I come before you to announce that the federal deficit … will be simply zero."

"Well, those days are gone. We've gone from surpluses to huge deficits and our long range situation is much worse," Walker says.

"President Bush would argue that the economy is in pretty good shape, unemployment is down, the deficit is actually less than expected," Kroft remarks.

"The fact is, is that we don't face an immediate crisis. And, so people say, 'What's the problem?' The answer is, we suffer from a fiscal cancer. It is growing within us. And if we do not treat it, it could have catastrophic consequences for our country," Walker replies.

The cancer, Walker says, are massive entitlement programs we can no longer afford, exacerbated by a demographic glitch that began more than 60 years ago, a dramatic spike in the fertility rate called the "baby boom."