CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Casa Ybel information on line

Some of the owners may not be aware that information concerning the FGH and IJK Associations is posted on the resort website. The site has summaries from the presidents, lists of the directors with their e-mail addresses and minutes of owners and board meetings. The minutes of the 2008 meeting are not yet posted, but will be as soon as they have been approved by the directors.

To access this information go to "www.casaybelresort.com" and click on the "owners" tab. You will be asked for a password, which is "paradise". When the password is entered a new screen will appear. Along the top of the screen, you will see "FGH" and "IJK", click on the appropriate tab and the association posting will come up. We plan for the site to be maintained so that you may receive up to date information.

Enjoy!!

Re: Casa Ybel information on line

What use is a password when it is published on this owners forum site for all the public to know. FYI - this owners forum (which is our only current shared message board) is readily available to anyone who googles CY. Publishing a password on this site to be used for owner only access on the "resort website" really has defeated the purpose of password protected information for owners. How interesting. I know you were trying to be helpful....however, anyone who has utilized either site will know exactly what I am talking about. It is good that the other site "will be maintained" for "up to date" information. However, the information will also be available for all the world to know....! Again, no available area for owner only discussions.

Re: Re: Casa Ybel information on line

The site is not interactive, but it is a source for the minutes, Sandscript and other information about the associations containing the names and e-mail address of all of the officers and directors. A too common complaint on this website (Carls) is that the board actions are secret, etc. etc. Check the resort site, if you don't like the actions that are taking place, you can e-mail the directors with your complaints. I have been a director for 2 years and I have had only 2 communications from anyone concerning Casa Ybel.

Carl's site is useful in the rental and resale area, but sadly beyond that, the generally negative tone and resort bashing discourages anyone not familiar with the resort from wanting to visit. If you wanted to rent your unit, would you point out every real or imagined fault and none of the good in your advertisement? Think about it!!

It is the goal of every board member to preserve Casa Ybel's reputation as one of the best, if not the best resort of its kind on Sanibel and we work hard to stay within a budget that will allow us to keep the annual maintenance fees as low as possible. We can't satisfy 100% of the owners 100% of the time, but we do our best.

Your suggestions for improvements would be appreciated.

Re: Re: Re: Casa Ybel information on line

I beg to differ with you Lynn, we owners do not use the site to always post negative items about Casa Ybel. We love Casa Ybel and need to be informed and this is why Carl's site is important for owners. You can't really say we have always been kept well informed about the things going on there. One being why we have elections and the results (numbers) are never posted, forget about "hurting" the looser's feelings. Sounds like grade school tactics to me. Also, the rebuilding of the units after the storm is a big thorn in my side. We have owned since preconstruction and can't believe how our units have quadrupled in maintence fees. Carl site is a way to keep us informed.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Casa Ybel information on line

How would you suggest that you be informed? The Casaybelresort.com site is the only site where you can get information first hand. I try to post helpful information on this site, but when I do, I get attacked for one statement or another. I'm a big boy and I can take it, but why post anything positive here, it draw negative comments like a lightning rod.

I agree that your fees have gone up. I purchased before buildings F and H were finished, when the fees were $150.00. What did gasoline cost then, or a new car? How much were you earning in 1980? I pay the same fees you do and wish they were less, but I wish I could buy gasoline for 50 cents a gallon or a luxury car for $10,000.00 too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Casa Ybel information on line

I have been trying since April to get a forum put on the casaybelresort.com web site, and, for a much longer time, to have this web site put a password on. The Board has been receptive to a number of additions at the casaybelresorts.com web site and there you will indeed find a great deal of new information including a newsletter summarizing key issues that have come up, full board minutes, along with descriptons of projects, responses to key questions brought up with the surveys, a layout of the organization of the various entities, eventually a map laying out the boundaries, and hotlinks via email for contacting directors, among others. You should take a look at it to see what is there, quite a lot has been added. In the meantime, I am researching options on forums to present to the board. There is some reluctance to put a forum there on several grounds. One is, how much time would it take, whose time would be involved, and is there any cost. Another concern that has been presented is the at times intensely negative and/or erroneous statements made here and how to handle that. In the meantime, Carl has said he will investigate putting a password here, but haven't heard further on this. What is more, not one director has heard from anyone out there that they want such a thing. While I believe strongly we need one, if you agree, you should contact the directors via thier email addresses posted on the other site to let them know.

Lynn has done a stand-up job for the owners and I appreciate his ongoing support for them.

Pat Sweeney

Hi Lynn

Thank you for your efforts on the board so far, and for keeping us informed.

You mentioned that you have not received any emails, but there are no email addresses shown for any of the board members on the list of directors on this site. Are the email addresses given on the other site? If not, can they please be published on this site.

Paul Greek

Re: Re: Casa Ybel information on line

The e-mail addresses and snail mail address are on the resort website. Check it out.
If Carl updates the director information on this site, ie. with the new director and new officers, he could surely include that information also.

Give more credit to Pat for her efforts at communication. She has been very focused at making the changes you are seeing.

I am very happy to give credit to Pat. I know that she has worked tirelessly since getting onto the Board to improve communications, and we are already seeing the results of her efforts.