CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Annual Owners Meeting and Board of Directors Election 4/21/08

Walt
Please refer to my June 24th message.............

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Does anyone know the names of the three new electees to our F,G,H Board of Directors?? Walt Shaw

Dale,

So what?

All I care about is that my unit and your unit are clean upon check-in. If not satisfactory, a system is in place to notify the office, and the condition will be remedied.

Also, I have complete confidence that the board will NOT award the contract based solely on relationships (though is does warrant some merit) nor pricing. Unless Gala's bid is 10% or 15% more than the next, I see no problems. Heck, my 7-year old can figure that out.

As someone has stated in this blog before, thank the board members for a job well done and encourage Gala to continue providing the best service possible at a reasonable contract rate.

Re: Re: Annual Owners Meeting and Board of Directors Election 4/21/08

Are you sure that your reply wasn't written by a 7 year old? It appears to reak of childish thinking.

Dale, et al

Never once has a proxy vote been cast to elect board members. Do your homework!

And Dale, my 7-year whined less than you when she was wasn't selected for the kick-ball team.

A request for help from Sam deBoot's daughter -

Please tell your father that one of the problems was NOT that Gala used proxy votes in the election, but that Gala COUNTED the votes for the election in which he was a candidate! I'm sure you would agree that for a board to allow such a situation is unheard of!

Also please tell your dad that the conflict of interest we refer to is covered very well in Florida statute law regarding condominium boards and also in our own by-laws. It involves the REQUIREMENT for open bidding for contracts, which most definitely would NOT allow for one of the contract bidders to be aware of OTHER bids.

THAT'S why it's called a conflict of interest, isn't it?

In this case, I'm not sure whether there WAS open bidding! Was there? Ask your dad, because he seems very sure of action that has transpired on our board!

It's really pretty easy to understand, so it would be good for all of us who love Casa Ybel if you would help him with this concept.

Oh, and thanks for your help!

Re: Re: Re: Annual Owners Meeting and Board of Directors Election 4/21/08

Again Joan, you hit the bullseye!!!!

This website is comical.

Definition of "conflict of interest": A situation occurring when an official's private interests may benefit from his or her public actions.

Anyone that doesn't get this concept should be embarrassed!!! It's never been about wether we like Joe or if his company does a good job (my experience is they do). It's about ethics and what's right and what's wrong. This is wrong and will always be wrong!

I am all for a good exchange of views and opinions. However, when you get people using soppy and obvious "nom de plumes" like San deboots, you obviously cannot take them seriously. ~In any case, why would somebody use a false name unless they have something to hide?

In my humble opinion, San deBoots is Joe Gala writing under an assumed name, because he does not want to be seen to be defending himself! I would much prefer Joe to write here under his own name.

I on the other hand do not think Mr Gala needs to defend anything. He has always fully revealed his posible conflict. I have asked and he does not see the ballots nor does he have any part in counting them. I agree this website is counter productive to say the least and it or most of the coments are comical because of theri increbidle misinformation.

These recent spate of entries with clearly false names is getting out of hand.

I would ask the webmaster to delete them and not allow any entries from people that do not contain an email address.