CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Selling a time share

Hi. I realize that in order to list my time share here I have to go to another part of this web site, so I won't mention the week or unit here. I've just got a question: Other than listing it for sale, what else to I have to do in order to ensure the process is done legally? I've tried selling mine for two years through the resort sales office, and haven't gotten so much as a bite, nor have I been able to locate how or where (or if) they even advertise that it is for sale. I want to list it for less than the minimum asking price, which means that Grand Vacations Realty will not represent it in their "exclusive" listings. I inherited this time share, and really have no desire to use it again (plus my work schedule does not allow for me to have the same week every year). I'm almost due to renew my "exclusive listing" sales contract with Grand Vacations, and don't know what to do. Any suggestions? I just want it sold. I appreciate any help you could offer.

Re: Selling a time share

Hi Margaret. I would think that if you have had it listed with Hilton for two years and have had no offers, why would you give them yet a third opportunity, especially in the present economic climate? It's easy and inexpensive to list it on the casaybel.com website and your results could't be any worse than what you experienced with Hilton. Surely, if you list it for a lower price as you indicate, it will attract more interest. As for doing it legally, Carl has outlined how the transfer can be done here on this forum. The exact particulars escape me now, but it you do a backwards searh on this site, you might find it. Carl is a good guy. He might even tell you how again if you email him nicely..