CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DVD's in the Master Bedrooms?

I am sorry Beth took my message personally - though in her second posting seems to support my position. Beth, I was aiming at all the bloggers (me included) and not you specifically. You are undoubtedly a terrific mother.

I stand by denouncement of purchasing DVD Players. In my opinion, this is simply wasteful spending - and believe me parents will use it to send their children to the second bedroom to watch movies (so not to disrupt their evenings) as opposed to spending time as a family. What’s next? – high definition televisions, computers, golf carts (so overweight children and adults don’t have to walk around Building H and tire themselves out), and on and on.

If you must, bring a portable DVD from home. They weigh less than 2 lbs. (easily packable) and can hook directly into most modern TV's.

Here's an idea - Let's collect the $30 per unit and send it the campaign fund of John McCain and Sarah Palin!

Re: Re: DVD's in the Master Bedrooms?

Hey David,

Here's a better idea: Let's send the 30 MILLION DOllARS we spend each day in Iraq back into our economy.

Re: Re: Re: DVD's in the Master Bedrooms?

Thanks Tom..I am completely with you! And David, since you opened the door on this one...Why am I not surprised by your choice for President and V.P.?
GO OBAMA & McCAIN!

Re: Re: Re: Re: DVD's in the Master Bedrooms?

Beth: Now that would be an interesting ticket (Obama & McCain)

Re: DVD's in the Master Bedrooms?

Way to go Beth!
David is of the school that thinks of indoor plunbing as an example of flaming liberalism.

Steve...I am actually beginning to enjoy this forum. Thanks for the encouragement!

A very interesting debate.
Brought up in Denmark I can't believe how much
our youngest grand children in the US knows about plugging in any of their many game boxes and what have you to any TV set.
We always needed the game box inputs, which are the same as the DVD inputs. They can find them any time in no time.
We never had a DVD hook up with them around, and it gets to be pretty much waisted time for them with game boxes when they could be walking or studying the beaches.
I think the front desk should have DVD loaners with good DVDs for sign out.

Regarding the election, in Denmark you vote for someone to run one of the ten or twelve different party choices from left to right, then they make coalitions afterwards to handle the country between them.

How can a change from one person to another person in the same king size party party change the running of a king size country?
Is the Republican party that easy to dissolve?
A party that big can not change its workings with millions of people involved over night?
Did Bush and Chaney (by themselves) do all the wrongs???
They must have had thousands around agreeing with them in order to excecute the plans?

Perhaps I am wrong, it would be nice to see some new life for America.

To me you can change the captain, but the boat is still the same, we need a new high speed cruiser to get into the modern age away from oil.

My home town in Denmark made windmills from the time
I grew up, now I am told our small plant in Denmark makes most of the wind mills in the world.
The name might seem familiar now, Vestas from the little town in Denmark is now empolying 4-5000 people in Colorado! at two different locations making towers and propellers.
GE, whom I worked for is now copying their game, Boone Pekkins bought millions of Dollars worth from GE recently!

Thanks
Carl

Re: Re: Re: DVD's in the Master Bedrooms?

I have already had a couple of calls regarding VESTAS.
Yes, they are trading on all world markets, including our American exchanges.
From $70 to $80 a year ago they have almost doublet and it is not the same old small town operation anymore.
From 100% Danish ownership they have opened up in all world trade markets and how now almost 70% ownership from the international markets.
And this is not small change.
Denmark agrees with the USA that it pays to outsource your products.
There would not be enough Danes around to do it by themselves so start in foreign countries as they now do in Colorado. I guess there about only 5 or 6 million Danes in Denmark today ?
They do the same as we now hear Alaska is doing, pump and sell oil (from the North Sea in this case) with contracts from the Danish Government to companies such as MAERSK, the worlds largest owner of containerships (also Danish, they bought Sea land Containers also from us) and now also oil producers with platforms in the North Sea.
As a result from this Denmark has no foreign debt, has the best Healthcare system, (you do not have to apply and perhaps get rejected due to previous illnesses) all Danes are covered. And the profit from the oil production goes back to all Danes as income tax reductions.
MAERSK has leased containerships to our government to feed supplies to Iraq. They had to be repainted in battleship grey.
If little Denmark can do it we should be able to, as Americans, to make the US a profitable country again.
I remain American and hope for some good leadership to regain world status and erase our foreign debt to the benefit of all Americans.
Who can lead us? Right now we have only 2 choices.
I am not sure about who it should be, but are these 2 choices our entire great nation can offer to us?
We need leadership that has the same ability to lead as our great American corporations.
Where do you find a pool to select from?
Does it matter if it is Republican or Democrats?
They have too many irons to grind between them, and most are what they are, due to traditions.
Is there some way we could engage one of our great industrial leaders to a contract to run our great country with no bias to any party?
Lead the country and manage it as if it was a great corporation and make ends meet to the benefit of all citizens?
Corporations do not declare war in the same way countries do.
They make provisions for competition by other means, such as using new marketing tools, and they do not kill each other.
Look at Microsoft? They have conquered the world by using their brains.
Let us hope that the best person wins, we need an energetic leader to get rolling.