CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RENTAL LISTINGS, just a thought

It has been brought to my attention that many listings have been left on the web, after they were rented.
Some owners keep lowering their not rented rentals thinking they are in competition in the rental offering, and lower their prices, which is a disadvantage for all owners.

A non-owner called me to know if we had more rentals on the books for a certain week that were not yet placed on the web.

He stated that 4 out of 6 weeks were already rented, and the other two did not answer the phone or e-mail.

I am afraid it makes owners think that oh boy! We better lower our price, there are so many listings and they then list in a lower level than before.

They then tend to lower to lowest existing level not knowing that the lowest 6 might already have been rented, so the level keeps going down, which hurts all owners.

Let us put some thinking together and see what we can do to prevent fire sale rentals.

Should we agree on a fixed price for each week and then make your own decision about going lower, or can we help by encouraging owners to e-mail or call me for removal when rented?

Can we do anything to maintain a straight course for pricing on our web?
The main thing is to keep the channel open for rental seekers and still protect the renters.

Re: RENTAL LISTINGS, just a thought

I think fixing prices is illegal!but your points are valid and could force prices down,based on a fictitios availability
However I think it could be controlled by making it a condition of listing that when a unit is rented owners MUST remove it immediately upon rental and funds received for the rental or they are not permitted to EVER list again on the site.
You could easily add a column on the page to indicate rented or still available based on owners providing accurate updated information
You could also encourage owners to keep the info up to date by making the listing fee $100 with a refund of $50 when people idicate it is listed.No up to date indication/no refund .
Thanks Carl

Re: Re: RENTAL LISTINGS, just a thought

OOPS ERROR,
Last line should read
'$100, with a refund of $50 when people indicate it is RENTED".

Hugh

I have never had a problem renting my units. I would hate to be told how much to rent them for. I list for a fair price and have always removed my listing when rented.

Carl - I'm wondering when you'll post our rental on the database? We submitted the information and payment to you on 7/24.

Thank you very much for your time,
Cathy