CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Weddings NOISE

Lynn - I was also at Casa Ybel last week when the wedding John referred to took place in the tent in front of building H. I was staying in building F, only one room in from the one bedroom units. Believe me, the band was so loud, that I had to close our balcony sliding doors way down there, past the Thistle Lodge, the pool, all of building G and at almost the end of building F, just to get some quiet. They did however, abide by the 10:00 PM curfew as to the noise.

Both boards need to stress that we as owners are continuing to be inconvenienced by Hospitality's intrusion on our long time investment and vacation experience.

Re: Re: Re: Weddings NOISE

If the music was that loud, the front desk should have been notified to take appropriate steps. Since Hospitality instituted the stricter rules, there have been few complaints, but they can't enforce violations they are not aware of. Sorry you were inconvenienced.

Re: Re: Re: Weddings NOISE

Thank you Ron so much for your feedback acknowledging how loud the wedding was. As an update my husband and I met on 12/3/08 with JR Ramirez (Casa Ybel GM), Chris Cain (Interval Mgr) and Amy (do not remember her title) to discuss the ongoing problems with the wedding noise. Mr. Ramirez acknowledged that he had received a number of complaints from other residents and that the music had been too loud. As long term owners, I reiterated that there should be a compromise between Thistle Lodge weddings and the Resort. A suggestion we made was to move the wedding tent farther away from the units. Also they could place a side wall on the tent to serve as a noise buffer. Mr. Ramirez said he would follow up on these suggestions and get back to us. No word as of yet from him.
For the last 5 years we and other owners have brought up this issue at the Tuesday Owners' meeting and the same issue emerges the following year. Why can't the Casa Ybel Owners' Board meet with the Casa Ybel and Thistle Lodge management and come up with a compromise?