CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Interlopers

OK, good discussion, but this is drifting somewhat from my original issue. A spot reserved for guests won't help because that's where the interlopers will park. We need policing and some type of enforcement to prevent people from using our resort as a public beach access. Where this is most prevalent represents the most desirable beach access on the island; i.e. short walk and low human density.

The spaces used by weddings and the restaurant is another problem. The Board needs to address and substantively solve both issues.

I agree with you ,Carl. I go to Hilton Head often..We have passes for our cars and We have a gate man giving us Marriott Grand Ocean owners excellent security and making it much more intimidating to the public I find Marriott to be outstanding in Timeshare management...I think our mait. costs should include that feature.I live on Ocean in Maine and run into this problem with interlopers frequently and I have observed it at Sanibel during week 9 . Ran into some people I knew and asked them if they owned there and they said no, just passing thru and had heard we had best pool on the Island!!!??? Hope the board will seriously consider 24 hr. security at the front driveway.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Interlopers

We've noticed this for YEARS too, and it's annoying. And worse than sneak beach access are the groups who come and camp out at the pool. (Especially if they sit in my favorite spot!) It's easy to see who is not using the Casa Y towels... Seems to happen mostly on the weekends.

Back in the day when there were lifeguards, it wasn't an issue. Now there's no-one to ensure that pool rules are observed, no toddlers in jacuzzi, etc. It's a real aggravation.

Okay, board, let's see some action on this.

Re: Interlopers

I agree that a guard would be the best solution. If we are expecting guests, we just tell the guard in advance so that he notes it down.

This works very well at another resort I own at.

Re: Re: Interlopers

This is not a problem only for a few days out of the year. I have week 26 (the 4th of july) and this activity happens alot. The first day I was there I watched two groups get out of their cars and go to the beach. They then sat in MY rented chairs.I went to the Tuesday a.m. meeting and brought this to everyones attention. The reaction I got, well what can we do about it? I then told them that they also use the pool and restrooms.I was always excited about my visit to the resort, but not any more. Nothing will ever change because of the the worthless people running the resort. P.S. I guess I was too vocal in the meeting because they had Marylou call my wife to see if we wanted to sell.

Re: Re: Re: Interlopers

July 4th week and week 53:

That changes the subject further!
We are neighbours by the week, you have week 26, I have week 27!
wk 27 starts:
2008 July 5, so you had the 4th last year.
2009 July 4 which we share till noon, then years 2 years in a row for me. 2010 july 3, and 2011 july 2
Then you have 3 years in a row:
wk 27 starts 2012 on July 07, then July 06 2013, July 05 in 2014 and 2015 july 4 where we are back sharing to noon.

Week 53 appears only in 2011 between years 2008 and 2015.

Leap year must be 2008, 2012, and 2016.
May we enjoy them that long.

Carl Appelberg

Having returned from our first (and much enjoyed) visit to CY I have a suggestion that may work (and has less overhead cost- and effort-wise):

If each lounge chair had a sign affixed to the foot of the chair with clearly printed text, "Chair and Pool Use Registered Guests Only. Area & Beach Access monitored by Closed-Circuit TV."

Now it's not 100% fool-proof; especially since the area really isn't monitored by CCTV. Signs could be done tastefully, and you could pilot it for a month using a simple laminated sign attached with plastic secure ties. If the concept works you could upgrade to a more permanent sign on the chairs.

Those with a slight conscience would probably take heed. At least interlopers can't "rationalize" that CY doesn't really care any more.

That would work well for the pool, and such a system should be in place. But, my original issue concerns the beach.

I had hoped that Lynn Perkins (and other Board members) would weigh in by this time on the subject, but it appears he is on vacation or otherwise occupied. We are seeing that this issue really needs Board of Directors attention and a workable solution.

At the week 52 owners meeting, I said (somewhat tongue-in-cheek) that if no solution was in place by my next visit, I would solve it myself with a small cordless screwdriver, and the office could decide what to do with the subsequent stacks of license plates.

Anyone know what SouthSeas does? I imagine they dont have this issue.

South Seas has always had a full time security presence at their entrance gate 24/7.

If you are not an owner, renter or guest of an owner, or have some other such reason to be on the property, you don't get on.

Very simple and secure, but unfortunately very expensive over the course of a year.

We own numerous timeshares in addition to Casa Ybel, most of which are throughout Mexico. What many of these also very upscale resorts have done, is to have all of their owners (renters, guests) put on one of those plastic bands around their wrist when they check in. And I'm not talking about all-inclusive resorts.
Just resorts that care about and want to know who is using their facilities.

I am talking about a way of keeping track of who is a registered guest of the resort. When you check in, they put one of these unobtrusive bands on, and Voila! People know you are staying at Casa Ybel. If someone is laying at the pool without one... Guess what? Bye-bye...gotta go!

And there can be ones for guests too. Notify the front desk you have friends coming and have them drive in, jump out of their car, get one and then go and park. Done. Easy and the cost is so minimal it's not even worth mentioning.

We don't have so spend a ton of money to get the job done. It's this easy.

Addressing the parking problem is another issue. And I think the idea of using the parking card they give you when you check in is the way to go. I agree. We have them. Put them in your window. The resort can be notified if you have guests that need to park.

That's it! Beth

Thats a great idea!...simple, low cost, and easy to implement.

Thanks for your vote of confidence. I hope that other people think it's a good idea. It really a no-brainer!