CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Problems for all when leaving rentals on listing when rented

My mail from a willing renter reads:
"Thanks for your note regarding renting a unit directly from the owners board. FYI there are 16 units listed for rent but none of them were available when I contacted them several weeks back."

This creates a problem for owners placing their units for rents with lower prices to compete with already rented units, which more and more I consider a fact.

Please just click the note for me on the site www.casaybel.com and tell me "rented" or "sold" with an email from yourself, as a verification for me to remove on order from the right owner.
If you are worried about relisting in case of an unsuspected situation arising that changes your position I will relist your same unit at no cost to you.
Wish list is OK in that situation for a person wanting to go to Casa Ybel with no vacancy, but it still places pressure on rental prices,since more owners think the market is bad!

Re: Problems for all when leaving rentals on listing when rented

Yes Carl,
Owners need to complete the transaction by posting it as rented when it is rented.

Prices are driven down by an apparent excess of supply which may indeed not reflect the real picture.

It should be a condition of listing on the site that the site [you] MUST be informed of a rental agreement being completed and an e mail confirming it is rented sent to you within one week of the rental.Then the rental can be removed and the site is accurately reflecting supply and demand

Hugh

Re: Re: Problems for all owners by leaving rentals on listing after renting

All I can do is to place the listing.
I feel it is worth while charging $50 from
now on and ad more work calling owners for updates.
I have had a lot of extra work changing listings all along, which I do as a service, that could be included in a new rate? Also it takes more cash on my part to stay up with Google, who right now is placing us up front by added payments on my part.
Would $50 break anyones heart, as long as the units get rented?
I wish to be fair, and if you find it is worthwhile let me know. It is not right that an owner looses $1,000 by lowering the rent thinking the competition is big, when actually the listings are just for not.
Carl