CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Path

Fred Fred,

Excellent reply. I actually had to chuckle when reading the original request. I thought maybe it was put on the board just to get an Email thread going.

Hopefully zero action is taken on this request. Say hello to Barney for me!

Wow! Do you respond to all customers who take the time to put in suggestions with such insult and derision?

Have you given any thought to why each entrance has a water spigot? You know what those are for? Washing off sand from your bare feet! -- Gosh, imagine that, they spent all that money, piping water to each entrance, when instead, they should have just asked folks to "consider others ahead of yourself - wear shoes!"

Unbelievable. It's a beach resort, if you haven't noticed. People are going to walk around bare-foot, to the beach, to the pool, and yes, they're going to walk inside as well. Some customers are going to be "filthy", others are not. Did you really think it would be any different when you bought in to a beach resort?

Oh, and just for the record, not only did I vacuum our rental that week, I cleaned out the vacuum, as it was stuffed full of years of crud! -- Point being, we one of the "good" paying customers. We cleaned up after ourselves and were considerate of the property.

It would appear that you are also against children and "the limited supervision that proliferate (y)our resort". You might want to close down your childrens' pool, if that's the case. That happens to be a major draw, one which brought our family in.

Unbelievable. We had a nice time. Both my wife and I chose to leave the hassle of our shoes and walk barefoot, something that's incredibly common. I take the time to give a minor suggestion on a challenge we had with our stay, with a pretty inexpensive solution (one of many possible solutions) and the response is that *I* should be more considerate?

Nice.

Re: Re: Re: Path

First of all, we don't really have 'customers'. WE and Our family members own many weeks/units. We may offer our unit up for rental if we don't use it. No offense but the shells are so appropriate and natural for the setting. Maybe they could be more "worn down"?. I think they are tough on my feet so I wear my flip flops and have the kids do the same. When considering good use of money, I don't think replacing the shells with landscape stone would really be that great of an advantage. I guess I'm personally not "that natural" in feeling like I have to be barefoot all over the place. I love to be barefoot on the beach, by the pool AND when that pesky sand is coating my feet, I stop to rinse my toes (and shells) in those water spigots. I do agree that barefoot by the pool and on the beach is a particular & more limited exposure to grime vs just traipsing around the property barefooted. At home, it's different...it's your environment to be as free as you wish. WE are always barefoot summers at our lake home but it is our personal space year-round.

We owners spend a lot of money for maintentance of our units...we don't really spend the money to attract customers.

Re: Path

Family of 4, it was not my intent to insult you, but I suggest this:

On your next visit, why don't you install some stepping-stones, and when the ACLU comes to sue the resort for lack of access over the stones as opposed to a relatively smooth path, we will give them your name....

Gosh, how I wish we could return to more simple times?

Surprisingly, this subject has stirred up a lot of emotion. We are 29 year veterans of Casa Ybel, and I discovered in our first year that going barefoot for long stretches (e. g. to the pool) anywhere is foolish. This is a natural island, and there are all sorts of nasty natural things out there, as well as nasty unnatural things. Walking barefoot on the grass many years ago often resulted in burrs on the bottom of ones feet that would put the southwestern chollas to shame. Look out towards the gulf at low tide and see what lies hidden most of the time.

Aquasocks, beach shoes, and crocs are mandatory for us, our children, and our grandchildren. Wearing these shoes protects the bottom of your feet, but doesn't obviate picking up sand. I personally swim in the gulf with aquasocks, and the trip from the water across the beach causes my feet to pick up lots of sand; that's why the faucets are there, not, particularly to encourage walking barefoot.

I think the pool path is the least of the barefoot hazards.

Now, now everybody! Family4 (whoever he/she anonomously is) has a valid point on both the path and the matress. Some may not agree with the points raised, but there is no need to be rude about it.

Personally, I am ambivalent about the paths because I always wear flip flops, but I quite understand the point raised, and he is perfectly entitled to do so.

Regarding the matress, there is nothing worse than an uncomfortable bed. Can I please suggest for the future that if you find that or any other problem, you contact the front desk, and I am sure they will help.