CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hosting our Million + Dollar Maintenance & Reserve Funds

Thank you, Carl. You are always trying for the best and not accepting the status quo. That is to be respected. To concern ourselves with these financial concerns is very reasonable - making sure we know WHERE the money is and that it is safe. Reality today is a whole new thing...the economic conditions have rendered it so!

Do not let the words of those who post anonymously matter. To most of us, we are grateful for your diligence - though we may not always agree.

Re: Re: Hosting our Million + Dollar Maintenance & Reserve Funds

The reason I brought it up was that several years in a row when this special Bank arrangements were made with or without our knowledge (on the board)for Hilton to farm out the collection work, it was done where special arrangements were made between Hilton and the particular bank for Hilton to obtain some more loan guarantees and better rates by giving this collection job to the one and only bank.
I think that was also when the 3 to 4% fees to the credit card commissions stopped us from using credit cards.
Right now we all know we have the greatest bank crisis for years and this is the time of year where all the millions would be at the collecting bank, and I do not know the health of this bank. Has any on the board checked on this? That is all I am asking, after all it is our money Hilton is working with.
I am not known to be asleep at the wheel during my 21 year term on the board, and I am surprised of the attitude in the answer to my warning, you mean we should not bring anything up that might be of concern?
Can anyone on the board name the bank in Atlanta?
My feeling is that a board members job is not just to say yes to all Hiltons plans, one after one, but act like it is your money, and would you agree to the method Hilton is using?
How many on the board knows how and under which condition, and why this one particular bank is contracted to do the job? Have you looked into the health of the bank that holkd our millions?
This is the kind of work we did as board,remebers, I will never forget McElroy always bringing tons of homework back to the meetings (we had more meetings then, as I remember, and some lasted 2-3 days)about these and other financiel questions.
At one time we had all the electric bills (tons of them) for each unit and commen areas to work on billing mistakes and allocations of the funds.
I am sure things must be different now, we were in a new and untested type of operation called time share,

Today, thank god, we still have some of the same people in our Periwinkle office, and we have all learned a lot since then.

Re: Re: Re: Hosting our Million + Dollar Maintenance & Reserve Funds

That is what we need. We all should be so diligent personally and in our responsiblities to those we serve on boards. If questions raise feathers, maybe the one whose feathers are raised should take a look at him/herself...clearly, a leader should be able to handle and answer ALL questions with respectful, thorough and accurate answers. Just because you are on the board doesn't mean you have thought of everything OR that you should blindly follow what you are being fed without asking for details. And times change, people...this is not economic times of a year or two ago. Money is being lost places.

Kim Nelson,

I was not criticizing the point, but the "pointee". This forum allows thoughtful conversation, but most users seem to find fault with everyone and everything...

The reserve accounts were established years ago, with $100,000 limits. Carl knows this or perhaps has forgotten. If and when an account exceeds $100,000, which happens on occasion, the account is immediately swept and the funds are deposited into another account or possibly another bank. Carl knows this as well.

And, why do you care who I am?

Dear Longtime Owner, I don't think any of us really cares who you are other than the fact that you are an owner at Casa. It would give your posts more validity if you used your name as do the majority of us who post on this forum. We live in a free and open society here in the USA. None of us need to fear expressing our view in the light of day. Hiding behind an alias makes one tend to take what you say with a grain of salt rather than give it the serious consideration that I'm sure you intend. I know this really has nothing to do with anything regarding our resort, but since you asked the question at the end of your last post, I thought it appropriate to respond.

Bob,

Based on responses in the past, it does not appear that my postings are ignored nor dismissed. My only interest in contributing to this forum is to keep issues honest and to the point. I have grown weary of false accusations and nonsense. Thanks for respecting my alias.

Well, LTO et. al, my point being that those who conceal their identity in a public forum often do so to hide an ulterior motive or conflict of interest. Another reason might be fear of repercussion for expressing a certain viewpoint. In any case, whether or not your comments are read and responded to, the anonymus behavior tends to make me, at least, not take what you say with particular importance. Since virtually anyone can post comments here, we don't know whether such posts come from true owners, outside intruders or, in fact, those who manage our property and have some financial interest in keeping all such procedures in house. As I stated before, the majority of posts here are done by those who give a name and email. It just gives more credence to what is said. As has been discussed here before, an owner-secure site would be better so that we can, with more confidence, discuss matters with our fellow owners.