CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: your vote on the new ballot is important

Thanks Pat, very interesting news, you got my vote
Thanks
Carl
This is a fine example of what our Forum can help us with: keeping up with new developments.

I did recieve the letter and seen where the by-laws changing to 3 yr terms. I did not see the other where stating the extension of the condo assn.. Please advise.

The FGH association is having a vote on removing the expiration of the association in 2018 and 2019. The IJK association is not asking for a vote on their expiration in 2021 at this time (not sure why).

The other vote we need to handle this year is to allow our directors to remain on office for two years. This can be done by a bylaws change through a vote, even though the Florida laws now require a director election every year. We need to give our directors time to do the work we elect them to do, and not spend all their time just getting up to speed before their terms expire.

Further to the item from Pat Sweeney, I would also urge everybody to vote in favour of the proposal to extend the condominium Association.

This is something that I spotted a year or two ago, and raised it with Pat for discussion by the board. I also raised the issue on this forum. Therefore, I think it would be helpful to expand a bit.

As it stands at present, in 2018 the FGH Condominium Association comes to an end, unless the owners vote in favour of it continuing for a further 10 years. It would then require further votes every subsequent 10 years. Without that vote in favour, the buildings would cease to operate as timeshare property, and we would no longer own or have the right to use our individual units. We would simply own a share in the building as a whole.

You will appreciate that as we get nearer to that time, there will be a lot of uncertainty, which would have an adverse effect on the value of our units.

The only way to protect our interests, and thereby, the value of our investment, is to vote now in favour of continuing the condominium association. What the proposition does is to change the emphasis round, so that Casa Y'bel will continue as a Timeshare property until such time as the owners vote in the future to discontinue the association.

I would urge you all to support the proposition as it is in our interest as owners to do so.

Paul Greek

I hope everyone has now voted for the proposition by our board to extend the life of our condominium association, in order to preserve our investment and use of our units.

If anyone has any queries or questions on this, please feel free to email me - either on this forum or personally.