CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PROPOSAL FOR NEW ARRANGEMENTS WITH WWW.CASAYBEL.COM

Our Owner's website www.casaybel.com has now passed its 20th birthday!

This is an offer and a question for all owners to answer:

Time is running out to make the new budget, so please consider the following proposal as it probably could be tied to the new budget: It is related to the cost of the operation of the web site, running now with $35 for a rental listing and a $25 for a year long sale listing as only income to run the site. It does not presently allow for a permanent person to timely react to inputs or changes (for which there presently are no charges to the owner) as well as maintaining the Forum on a daily base without charge.

In order to update to almost daily listing changes and as a constant communicator amongst owners it needs a little help, and we do wish to stay away from outside commercials also.

A simple One Dollar fee each month from all owners of FGH and IJK units could support the operation of the present web with an approximate $3,500 monthly total income from 3500 owners. This will cover salary for present professional webmaster Dr. Bob Lade, daily computer attendance by one person, cost for updates (which we need) and cost for monthly server expense to the internet.

This will give all owners these free services:

1. List rentals as presently listed at no cost at any time.
2. List sales as presently listed also annually with no fee.
3. Posting a "Wish List" or provide help in locating an exchange unit is of high value, and saves a lot of anxiety when vacation dates change. Our present State laws of privacy prevents the use of an "Owner's List" You the owner is the only one who can post your unit as being available.
4. Remit changes in rentals and sales at any time; this is presently a large time-consuming expense with no cost applied to the owner.
5. Continue an expanded section with our "Owner's Forum" at no extra cost with an agreeable password attached and a special page for use separately by the Management or the Board.
6. Management Company and Boards can insert their own inputs as a pre-constructed pdf. file with no alterations needed by the web-site. What you write is presented as is. Space is not a problem with this one Dollar fee pr owner on a monthly base due to the great number of owners.
7. Commercials from Casa Ybel related operations will be accepted at only $25 per month (Postcard size) you submit file or we can make them for you at no cost.

Examples:
1. List menu with special offers from Thistle Lodge restaurant for you or other Sanibel visitors to see.
They can be changed at any time.
2. Information on daily schedules at the Resort:
work shops- parties- meetings or special events for the owners. Preferably on a weekly basis Friday to Friday within the month.
3. Wedding offers
4. Tennis schedules
5. Ad your wishes to the list.

Many owners have already found it very interesting and predict it could create a new interest in owning a time-share. It creates a feeling of not standing alone in spite of our privacy laws, but you can communicate through this web site as much as you like.

A large amount of printing and mailing can also be saved in the budget, and if someone is not computer friendly one can ask to have printouts printed at no cost and mailed at any time on request for a small shipping and handling fee.

Please let us all read your comments.

Thanks Carl J Appelberg

Re: PROPOSAL FOR NEW ARRANGEMENTS WITH WWW.CASAYBEL.COM

As someone who has owned at Casa Ybel only a few years, I think this is a great idea. It would help better plan our week there to know what is going on and to be able to see the menu and specials at Thistle Lodge.

Carl,

We think it's a terrific idea!

Thanks,

Beth and Ira

This would be a $42,000 annual expense as it's presented here.

Given some of the other posts about $100,000 being high for Hilton's services, I think $42,000 is a bit high for this aspect of marketing.

Most owners do not realize how large our Casa Ybel budget is, the way they are expressed by Hilton.
How many realized much the Hilton billing for the Charlie hurricane damages, as a simple $500 pr owner mounted to an almost 2 Million Dollars payment by the owners towards damages. Our building funds,which also were cashed in the Millions created so much cash that we wondered if the Hilton Insurance paid anything at all?
The cost of a full service web does amount to money, but if every owner earns back at least the management fees by renting, we are talking at least half a million Dollars return to owners.
Our prsent fees for Hilton's maintenance of the units are soon costing more that a vacation will cost every place else on the beach with no ownership and taxes involved! Something has to be done for the owners!

Hi Carl,

I have commented on this issue before and I will say it again. My husband and I agree that something needs to be done. The sooner the better. I don't understand why owners don't seem to care about maintaining our website. I have a feeling that most owners rarely if ever go here so they aren't even aware of the situation at hand.
Maybe there should be a one-time email/ or written letter to all of the owners outlining the situation and the fees.
Then maybe you'll get a response. It's amazing that owners wouldn't be willing to spend such a minimal amount per month/year to get the job done right!
We as always appreciate all of your efforts and comments.
Beth and Ira

The biggest reason is that the website does not, nor has it ever belonged to the owners! It has always been a product of carl appleberg's and used to spread a lot ofmisinformation and stir up bad feelings. See his recent comments on the hurricane repairs and the budget.

I am surprised by your feelings about my attitude, and that I am feeding misinformation.
The web is open for all, and I appreciate correctins if you tell me I am misinforming you. Nothing is written in stone, I have have never defended my own attitudes and will change if you convince me I am wrong.
That goes for all owners who have free access to express their particular feelings, and nothing is censored to suit anyone in particular.
I would appreciate owners leaving their e-mail address
which serves as a proof that they stand by their statements.
We do live in a Democracy and any sign of nasty personnal attacks will be removed by our web master.
I offered the web site to the Board at the last meeting, but my offer was turned down.
I have not seen a report from the meeting yet, and cannot say why it was turned down, as almost every e-mail expresses a desire to accomplish this wish of "Web site by the owners for the owners".