CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late posting of maintenance fees

I mailed my check on Jan. 18 and they told me it wasn't received until Feb. 16th, posted Feb.20th and the check was cashed on Feb. 26th. When I inquired about the late fee the help I received was less than professional and rather rude.

Re: Late posting of maintenance fees

We neeed some inputs from our board.
My question to our local Hilton manager Cris Cane regarding deadlines was answered with "nothing has changed, it is still December 31, you have been on the board twenty some years, and you should know that".
Well as late as last year's 2008 payment due Dec 31 2008 we had a grace period for 45 days (for the last at least 20 years) till February 15,this year to pay 2008 tax bills without our $25 late payment .
I do not find that notation on our present bill for our 2009 taxes due December 31, 2009.
Has the board approved to disallow our traditional grace period?
Owners are also asking me when the $25 penalty period expires for late payment of maintenance and tax bills.?
They assume that as long as the fee is paid before occupying the unit the $25 late fee will do.
Many owners have suffered hardships from the many faileres due to our previous President's lack of control of our banks and stock exchange activities, resulting in difficulties paying our annual fees on time. They had to pay the $25 penalty, and still paid before the deadline of occupancy of their actual tumeshare week.
Under which law paragraph did Hilton Grand Vacation now also foreclose on the unit with ;egal fees of thousends of Dollars to also be paid before using the unit again?
Do they not have any heart or feelings for owners who were forced to delay payments due to our Natinal emergencies? People who have been owners for twenty some years since the beginning of our time share age?

The same owners are part of an American populaton who recently bailed out or many banks and insurance companies by the good of ours, and our new Presidents hearts, why did our own owners face such cruealty by our own Hilton Grand Vacation?
The same owners never received any refunds of money they also had prepaid for not being able to use the units for a full year after hurricane Charley?

It still barthers me that we still can't produce a copy of the check we should have received from our Hilton Insurance Program to cover our losses after Charley. We are still paying Hilton $200,000 yearly for such coverage.

Late posting of maintenance fees - We need to relax a little!

I looked at my statement. It says the same type of thing it usually says about the 45 days. I called Chris Cain. He said that we indeed have the 45 days. However, we need to be aware that it can take 10 days to post. He recommended mailing payment by 02/01. I typically have mailed mine that last week of January. I will do this again, and I expect no complications. This is no real change for me.

I think that Chris' note in the letter that arrived with our statement is a way of helping those who may cut it too close and who don't allow time for the posting. One may disagree with allowing time to post (it does sound a little odd - this posting time may explain while some people have learned that there fees were not acknowledged as having been paid on time), but it does not seem to legitimately be a part of a grand scheme to cheat us out of our timeshares.

We can choose to see conspiracies under every rock and behind every tree, or we can see that there simply has been a slight shortening of the grace period.

Re: Late posting of maintenance fees - We need to relax a little!

It is strange that I asked Cris Caine the same question, and his answer was stuck on December 31.
I even mentioned I used to pay after New Year and he still repeated, December 12 IS THE DEADLINE, you have been on the board 20 years and should know it.
I am very concerned that he was not able to get the real question into his mind, which was: Am I still good after 45 days delayed receipt at Hilton's stated billing office?.
My invoices did not have the same usual fine print in blue and red with leeway days filled in, as my bill from 2008 had.
Last year it stated "45".(not this year)
Carl Appelberg