CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upcomming Board Meeting: Board control of the www.casaybel.com?

A letter was mailed to each board member regarding the topic of CASAYBEL.COM and Lynn Perkins has informed me it will be discussed in the up coming October meeting.

I have suggested that the board should be asked to run the overall project without any demand for spending much time on it as individual board members. We need communications with the board, they need it to arrive at decisions and could use more inputs from the individual owners.
I promised to keep casaybel.com running based on the appreciations I have received in almost every e-mail from owners requiring listings from the owners helping eachother to change vacation plans or use the Forum aspect to discuss topics helping to understand why certain things are happening or suggesting new ideas.
I scanned the many topics accumelated in the Forum
and would like to ad a few comments:

Password: We could change to a simple easy to remember
password such as (but not) "paradise" already used on the Hilton web, or is it Hospitality web?.
Make a suggestion in this controlled Forum!
Example: "sanibel4u"?
I was on a trip recently and had some time remembering what should be upper or lower case when I logged on to Forum!!

Paying Management Fees: Why not ask Hilton to suggest an address at Hilton, and let THEM deposit to their choice of bank?
Use of Credit Cards can cost us as much as 6% in fees.
Why charge ourselves with those fees for just collecting our own money?

WEB SITE upkeep:
The present listing fees are not covering all the expenses and we need some updates to improve the looks; a 2010 look, the shells alone are getting old. We need some help answering the mail, and cost of web mastering should be increased or we will loose Dr. Lade's help. We need quicker day to day response, specially with some unit rentals close to deadlines.

A FEE OF $1- A MONTH for each unit owner will get us above the $3,000 monthly cost mark (having 3000 some owners)
This will allow for improvements, and more stability.

The listings will be free and all the back and forth billing to individuals will cease.
The board can submit their input electronicly and the sometime billing mistakes would come to an end.
Printing and postage expenses in the thousands would end, and information could be sent out on a day to day basis.

Any comments about these suggestion?

Any further questions regarding the new procedure?

Respectfully submitted

Carl J Appelberg

Re: Upcomming Board Meeting: Board control of the www.casaybel.com?

We have a note from Lynn Perkins, our Boardmember, that the board voted down the proposal for $1 a month
charge for owner's unlimited use of www.casaybel.com
This included free listings from owners with wishes to rent, sell, or exchange their particular units.

Likewise I wonder how our budget passed with a 1 day meeting and mailed out right after the budget meeting.

Neither do I have an explanation for why our maintenance fees payment limits have been changed with elimination of our 6 weeks grace period after New Year.