CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wedding

We have been owners for many years and I am giving my daughter our weeks to use this year for a wedding gift. Told her we do not like the noisy weddings at the resort!

Can she just get married on the beach and find some place to have a small reception for a few family members that would not cost a few arms and legs?

Bob

Re: wedding

I am sorry to inform you that we as owners of Casa Ybel Condos by the week as time shares have no say over our surroundings or environments, except for the lawns facing the Gulf in front of our buildings.
Our domain is our 6 buildings and according Hilton Management company the lot lines go to our walls only.
We have no jurisdiction outside our walls, remember how building H was blocked off by a stone curtain and closed by the other party thereby closing our short cut to the pool a couple of years ago? The second excuse was the fact that the handicapped groups made it to costly for "Hospitality" to re-instate!
Mariner who developed our Casa Ybel sold off most of our environments to the party who now owns the
check-in office, our pools, and tenniscourts.
That party can hold any type of party to support the business of the Thistle Lodge restaurant and even raise tents and play outside music to support their newly created business venture.
We are really competing with a second party of owners of Casa Ybel due to our differences in what we project the life at Casa Ybel is to be.
We should also as owners all have our reserved parking by unit numbers as most Resorts do, but the reastaurant needs additional parking and that blocks our wish for a guaranteed parking when you return to your condo at night.
Please direct your wishes for a wedding party to the Thistle Lodge, they are the only ones that can decide.
Thanks
Carl Appelberg

PS Our association is still "Beach and Racquet Club"
althought the tennis courts and buildings as well as the swimming pools were sold off when Mariner sold out to "Hospitality" without notice or offer for first right to the Casa Ybel condo associations.

Re: wedding

Bob the short answer is YES! My daughter did just that several years ago. We then went to Thistle Lodge for dinner. Hope this helps.