CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
complaint

We are here for week 8 & 9 but I am very upset that owners or guests that were here the previous week were to lazy or what ever to call the front desk and have things fixed. We got here & the guest bathroom shower & tub drain & toliet were not working also the master bath fan was burned out. Now to top it off we were out on the deck & one of the table chairs was broken. All these things had to be seen.
Why can't people call these problems in & have them repaired. I think what if we had rented the unit out and renters came here & were hit with these problems.
Would they want to rent here again.

Re: complaint

Here's an interesting question: If housekeeping cleaned the guest bathroom, how could they not see that the drains in the shower/tub and toilet didn't work?

Your right housekeeping should have caught it.
But the people using the unit new about it first and still should have called so it could have been fixed for the next guests.

I am wondering why our management company is not taking advantage of our Owner's Forum, and at least follow up and check if we the owners and users find everything in order. It is so easy for them to do.
It's a tool that they do not have to pay for or charge the owners for.
All owners are paying management fees and help keep our representatives from Hilton buzzy with a well paid job.
I would at least try to follow up on the owners comments and make their own job easier.
The same for the board (except for a couple that do help us out following up on the inputs on the Forum from the owners) that seems to pride themselves of not desiring to waste time looking at the comments.

My offer to the board (and Hilton) to run an expanded website of www.CasaYbel.com for use by all parties without individual billings for listings, was presented at last board meeting half a year ago for the cost of only 1 Dollar a month from each owner and free to use for all purposes, sales, rentals, minutes from meetings and so on, was never officially responded to. One board member informed me unofficially that the whole idea was turned down at the management and board meeting last fall.

I am wondering why we have not received a report from that meeting yet, that should have included the workings of the board with their (hopefully) attempt to lower our budget to fit our present general depression in the US?

But this is a total different subject.

I stayed in building I in three different units during weeks 3-7. The washing machine during week 3 shook so hard that the detergent bottle sitting on top flew off, split open and spilled all over the floor. When I moved into another unit for weeks 5 and 6 with company arriving for the weekend the unit was a disaster. The garbage disposal was totally broken, the internet cord was broken, the closet door in the guest bedroom was swinging inward for lack of a track, a light was out in the chandelier, the master bedroom toilet was stopped up, the door to the microwave oven was cracked, the side of the refrigerator was rusted, the master shower was full of mold, the TV guide in the unit manual was totally wrong for the second year in a row and the owners' sheet from the office had last year's date. When I mentioned these things at the owners' meeting on Tuesday morning, someone else made a joke of it and Chris ended the meeting. The next night the porch roof leaked three or four cups of water into two pots and 15 overrhead lights shorted out. Then on week seven in a different unit in the I building there was trash behind the sofa, sand under the desk and dirty dishes in the cupboard. I have been an owner since 1999 and never had problems like this before. I spent an inordinate amount of my vacation time getting these problems fixed. The roof was never addressed in spite of the fact that I was told it would be looked at and that there were several other porches in the building with the same problem. It is clearly a problem with the flashing between the side of the unit and the roof line.

Judy, if that was the reaction at the Owner's mtg from Chris I would send the same complaints to members of the board & see what kind of response you get. That is totally absurd! We have been an owner in bldg G since 1981 & NEVER had that kind of problems in our unit. Housekeeping should definitely be held accountable.

I am absolutely stunned to hear this report!! If this is not addressed immediately by the board and management, we need to get a lawyer involved to sue them for malfeasance !!! This clearly is a violation of their responsiblity as board members and as paid managers.

I am amazed that with so many items that appeared to be wrong when Judith moved in to the various units, that the previous occupants did not notice the faults and report them. Generally, the maintenance dept is very good and responds very quickly, but they do need to be told about a problem to enable them to resolve it.