CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Car rentals

Has anybody rented their car thru priceline.com?
If so, was it a good experience? Any trouble if the car you requested was unavailable at the time of arrival?

Re: Car rentals

cars have gotten expensive. i've been checking for months. twice the price of last year. hotwire looks to be the best pricing. good luck

As with a lot of things, timing is important when looking not only for car rentals, but airfare. I booked both through Hotwire for my trip coming up in April, week 14, last September. I got round trip airfare from Kansas City to Ft. Myers for $220 each and I also booked 2 full size sedans through them for about $250 per week each. Of course you have to prepay for these at the time of booking and they are non-refundable. I continue to check current fees and what I lined up is considerablly cheaper than what is being offered now. I guess my point is that there are good deals out there if you start early and check often. Hotwire has been consistently less expensive than the other travel sites I have visited. I've never had a problem with reservations not being available at the time of pickup.

Thanks for the info. We also booked a full size for about $250.00 per week from Dollar last fall for our trip this April, week 15 and 16. But we have always rented convertibles. Last year rent for the convertible was only about $200 per week from Dollar. This year over $500 per week. Way too much. I have checked every week since about June of last year. So will try priceline.com for a convertible.