CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil Spill

We are very concerned about all of Florida's beaches especially, our favorite, Sanibel. Has anyone looked into any predictions for our place in the sun? We are so concerned about the wild life which is the heartbeat of the island. Any comments?

Re: Oil Spill

I have avoided placing anything on our web site, since we really have no idea of what is happening, only it's still so far away, and if a large "bobble" of oil moves south it is predicted to be 100 miles out and move to the Atlantic around Key West.
I do not like to scare our owners without more certainty about our predicted local exposure.
It is a tragedy that our previous Government did not have enough sense to at least make inspections of the
licensed platforms in deep water, being foreign or domestic. The word is now, according to the TV news that not even the license fees due to the US were paid, and that the amount of oil reported leaking from BP were reported to be only one tenth of the real amount, since damages are to be paid according to the size of the spill.
Carl Appelberg

Go to www.vestas.com an look at what Denmark is doing to free us from dependency of oil.
One Danish island of Samsoe with 3-4000 people is now
running 100% by wind turbines with free fuel!
Featured by CNN and CBS last week.
A factory is in my home town Ringkoebing and was started after WW2, now supplying wind mills to Europe.
2 factories employing 5,500 workers were outsourced to Colorado, USA last year, Denmark is helping the US to get back to work. They say the were taught by Bush how to outsource and also use foreign US workers with lower pay. That is sad.
But there are only 5 Million Danes, and they are all busy, working for Danish Kroner and have never accepted the Euro. They predicted the Southern part of Europe would not be able to participate in Euro and would be a burden to the Northern industrial countries
in Germany and Scandinavian countries.

Once again, Carl you are wrong. It was not the previous government, but rather the Clinton administration that failed to put the proper inspection personnel in place. Obama could not have handled this any worse either. I also blame the environmental wackos that insisted on drilling in 5,000 feet of water. If allowed to drill in say, 300 feet, this would have never been a disaster.

I concur Mr. Pelican Pete. Our policies make it much harder for companies to explore and drill, forcing more risky endeavors and making accidents that much harder to deal with. While not a BP shareholder, I would imagine that BP is trying desperately to control the oil flow and limit it's financial exposure. Mr. Hayward has promised to make things right (at least as much as possible) and we should take him and his company at their word at this point. Our federal government could have given much better assistance than they have. A good example is what Gov. Jindal is doing in Louisiana to try to keep as much oil as possible from the shore. He and other leaders of our gulf states need help from Washington now, not next month or whenever President Obama finally "gets it". It's time to control the disaster now and worry about blame and reparations after things are under control. And by the way, this country is much different than a small, densely populated country such as Denmark. We have wide open spaces, are much more dependent upon the longer distant travel and widespread energy use than such places. Oil isn't evil. Neither is nuclear, coal, wind, hydro, or solar. We need to consider it all and not place such penalties on companies that are supplying our current energy needs. Ok, stepping down from the stump now.