CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: wedding

You are right, I just wished it would stay like that.

My only concern is that too much is being done now to change our Casa Ybel traditions away from the many years of enjoyment over several generations.
It is our own fault, it is also pure neglect from Hilton and in some cases by our board not watching over what was going on in their new business.
Since the resort was split up by Mariner we had many changes building up, the new owners dismantled both spring board and the popular slide from 2 floor to the pool.
They started a popular wedding program and took our tennis court building from us and changed it to be the wedding headquarter for their new business.

We were told to stay in our units while weddings were taking place, we were also offered bottles of wine not to mingle with the wedding party.
A large party tent was placed between the pool area and the beach, what a sight,
We have been asked to clear the pool area during weddings.
The use of the party tent exceeded the City of Sanibel permits, and nothing was done.
Sound levels exceeded limits, some owners could not agree with the selection of music at our quiet place

A Berlin type wall was built dumping large rocks on our path which separated Casa Ybel owners somewhat more from the wedding parties. It was just done, we had no warnig.

The latest is a solid line of bushes now planted from the front of our buildings to the beach separating us further from the wedding business.

4 more pathways have been cut between the beach and our lawns to detour Casa Ybel owners around the wedding parties.

I am saddened by the fact these events of changes just kept popping up and nobody was there to defend us.
And they knew it could be done.
It would have been nice if they had discussed some of these plans for changes with our 3500 Casa Ybel owners represented by our boards, I am sure we could have arranged more privacy for them by different approaches but my honest to God feeling is:
They did what they wanted to do and found they could get by with it, Mariner closed their eyes and felt perhaps we have to do what they want to do, we all have to work here, and Hilton rents space from them
in order to create an office at Casa Ybel.