CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Carl Appleburg

Wow! Quite a specimen. And so unassuming, to boot.

I doubt I would need a physical description; I think I would recognize him after 3 ½ minutes of conversation.

George,

I'm sure it won't be hard to spot you - the one taking down license tags in the parking lot. I'll be on the beach worrying about sun block.

I'll be doing more than taking down license numbers.

I'll also be 4 months ahead of you.

Now you see why we need a private site

j. ball is right. Bickering online for anyone and everyone to see is a poor representation of Casa Ybel and those of us who participate in this forum (the reason I prefer to remain anonymous). Make this forum private for owners only and insult one another without having to sacrifice our own week resales and rentals to poor perception.

I cannot see any purpose in anonymous contributions, unless you have something to hide. I don't mind readers knowing who I am.

Regarding making this forum private, I have been advocating this for ages, and it can be done very simply. When the site was passworded a while ago, it was too complicated, and this made it too much of a chore to log on. All we need is something simple, so that casual surfers and non members don't just stumble accross our forum. We can just be given a word (in the same way that the Casa Y'bel Resort site does) that we owners will know, but others will not. That way, we can keep our discussions amongst ourselves, without any inhibitions, and it would still be easy for us to log on.

I agree with Paul. We should have a system as simple as that used for accessing our credit card statements, or bank statements. Also, I think anonymity should be discouraged, if not prohibited.