CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Good news for FGH

I know owners would like to know which units are refurbished, does anybody know?
Is this a change out after our new furnishings were delivered after hurricane Charly just 6 years ago?
(One year after the hurricane)
Are we down to 6 years life span?
Thanks
Carl

They started on 18 more yesterday (Friday), that leaves 17 and I imagine they will do them beginning next Friday. All units will be finished by the end of this year's maintenance weeks.

Great news, Lynn. Thank you for the update.

Has G building been done?

Do you know what the refurbishment comprises?

It is VERY extensive, new sleepers sofas, recovering of arm chairs to match the sofas, new beds and mattresses and linens. New carpeting, window treatment and wall color to harmonize. The lanais in lower units are receiving tile on the floor and new screen enclosures to match the upper units that were done last year. The result is intended to present a lighter more beach like appearance.

I hope you like the results, I am looking forward to seeing it next month.

Thanks Lynn for keeping us informed.
With all our reserves spent down to Zero after paying for hurricane Charley, how could we afford two complete refurbishments within only a 6 year life span?
Is our future plan committed to a low 6 years use only? Has our current reserve fund paid for this already, or are we now due for a large reserve payment again next year?
Just asking.
How much total did this new refurbishing cost us, and was the board involved in looking at bids for the job, like we used to do? It has been very quiet in that area.
I think the owners should have a list regarding deep clean, and also a list of the units not owned by anyone during the deep clean annual event. They were planned as stand-by for owners not able to use their own units during deep clean period in the fall.
The complaining owner should be informed about all of this, knowing we were trying to have units open in non working areas for the benefits of the owners in order to enjoy an un-interrupted vacation.
This was the original plan, has this plan been changed?
Who keeps tab on the rental income of these non owned units if they get rented, and not used for their original purpose? I hope the associations receive the income from these units if rented when not needed.

I can tell you we were NOT moved as the construction was horrid!! We were told that "people own these units, and we cannot just put others in them - it's illegal."

There was 1 couple moved in the G building, but I was told that the only reason they were able to be moved was because the association owned a foreclosure and that was where they were sent.

We - on the otherhand - were out of luck.

We also requested that since my b-day weekend was ruined - and we will now know for next time - could they please provide us a room for the weekend. NO - was the emphatic answer. We were provided a discount on the room rate down at the 1 bedrooms and paid almost $400 to stay through until Sunday at 11am.

I thought that was pretty lousy - but as I was told - - - not our fault . . . you should have been told by the people who sold it to you. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . .

But - despite the maintenance, we did have a lovely trip . . . just really hope the bulk of this is over, or that I can trade for a week in October!!

Yes - but some of us will be inundated with MAJOR construction noise during our one and only vacation this year.

I know, I know, I know - the people I bought from did not tell me about maintenance week.

Totally bummed, and not sure what I will do about it yet. But I know I will not listen to this everytime I come down.

It was also brought to my attention that this is the week they will do pool repairs as well. Forget about it - this week is not for me.

You can rest assured that this level of construction will not occur every year. Probably not again for 6 to 8 years. If you are now an owner, you should receive notification of extensive work during maintenance weeks which occur the same weeks every year. At a minimum, there will be deep cleaning which will likely be a slight inconvience, but nothing like this year.

I am sorry for your disruption, but there is no other way that we can maintain the resort as a 5 star facility.

Lynn L Perkins, President of FGH Association.