CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G213 View

Can anyone tell me anything about this unit and the view from the unit? Have a chance to rent the unit in Jan. 2011. Thanks for the info!

Re: G213 View

My unit is almost next door. It is a lower unit with the back stairs from the patio leading directly to the gardens at the back. It is very close to the pool, so an extremely handy position. Looking out you see the trees separating the grounds from the beach, but in the winter, you may well be able to see the beach through the branches as there is less foliage. You are also close to reception, and the entrance, so all in all, it is a well positioned unit.

If you look at the photos on the home page of this website, you will see one of the rear of the G building. Yours would be the second or third stairs along from the pool.

Thanks for the info Paul, I appreciate it. I hope we have a great vacation in Jan. 2011!!!!!!

What is the weather like on Sanibel in January and February?

Also, are there any mosquitoes or no-seeums at that time of year, or do they only come out in the summer?

This will be our first year to stay on Sanibel. We normally stay on Ft. Myers Beach at Sea Watch,(2 weeks in Feb) which we love. This year we will stay a week on Sanibel before we go South. The weather is usually warm with cool nights with the exception being last year, which was cold. No bugs! Very nice.

The weather during week 52 is generally nice; highs in the 70s (sometimes 80s, sometimes 60s) with rain being infrequent. We have had all extremes in our 30+ years, including (but fairly rare) snotty days.

No-seeums are present, primarily in the late afternoon (sun sets around 5:40), but cold snaps keep them under control. If there has been significant cold weather prior to our arrival, we have a fairly bug-free time. For the weeks in January and February, I would guess that the higher probablity of some extended cold snaps would keep the no-seeum population down.

The unique situation at Casa Ybel is that all units are almost equal distance from the beach (a good stone throw away), the units are all facing south (the beach) with all screened porches furnished alike.
No units are "in the back" such as a U bend that most resorts have to gain greater efficiency by, for the owner of an expensive beach property.
F, G, and H are all furnished alike, you can hardly tell which unit you are in of the 56 units, only downstairs units (odd numbered) and upstairs units (even numbered) both have 2 floors; the upper units are different having the master bedroom located on top at roof level with a fantastic view of the beach.

IJK has 18 units situated in clusters of 6 and are somewhat different in layout but spreed evenly along the beach with one wooded raised pathway to the beach.
They all have laundry machines built into the units, where F, G, and H have a well equipped ground level laundry room.

If an owner could assist us with a better description, please add it. What is your favorite feature of our units?

This web site also needs plans of the IJK units in our
floor plan, please submit.

One more item:
Our January month seems to have the best of the various seasons for new and plenty full new shells, urchins, sand dollars and star fish! (Due to many small winter storms cleaning the ocean floors)
Click photos on center of opening page on www.casaybel.com