CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What happened to unit weeks set aside for use during annual deep clean

At one time I recall having a list of units that were blocked from sale (from the start before construction) for use during the 3 or 4 weeks of deep clean and potential remodeling including refurbishing?
They were all during the fall of the year, where the unit cost was minimal.
The list was printed in our communications and I had them on the web site for owners to be aware of in case a noise problem should occur.
At the same time we received a listing of units up for deep-clean by week and unit numbers, so we would know beforehand. Has this been discontinued?
If so, are they still listed as reserves, and who collects the rents?
This should be an easy one to answer?

Re: What happened to unit weeks set aside for use during annual deep clean

My family has last week and this week in H building. Upon our arrivel this Friday we were greeted by pounding and hammering so loud that one could not rest on the top floor. This went on until 8:30 Friday nite. It started again at 8 AM Saturday Morning until after 8 that day. The same happened on Sunday. They were tearing out tile and replacing carpet on the lower four units. We also noticed the workers were allowed to sleep in the units they were working in. After three days of this we left Sunday. This should not be allowed to happen. Close the whole building or something.

That is what I am referring to.
If you read my explanation above your input
you will find that we should have blocks of units that were held back from selling and used for stay while a block of units were in deep clean or other noisy operations. They were scheduled out for use during these time periods, normally in the quiet part of fall season.
If our Hilton on site manager Chris Cain does not read your inputs, we should contact him for an explanation.

Please refer to my response to Carl in another post about maintenance weeks. They are the same every year. You should have been informed of the work in progress as 2010 is a MAJOR renovation year. I'm sorry that you were disturbed.

Lynn L Perkins, President of the FGH Association.

How do we go about finding out what maintenance will be going on during these weeks??

In addition, I think it is QUITE unfair that maintenance weeks are the same weeks EVERY YEAR! Change it up a bit. We all have the same right to a quiet vacation as everyone else.

I came home and looked at the papers sent to me by Mary Lou when I purchase and there is nothing in there about maintenance weeks.

They should be alternated. Anyhoo - how do I find out what maintenance is scheduled for my week?? Any ideas?? And, when is the soonest we can know???

Thank you,
Lisa

We own building G212 for week 37.

I will tell you MY experience with additional units . . . and we spoke directly to Chris.

He informed us that not only could he NOT move us, but it was "illegal" for him to move us inasmuch as "other people own these timeshares and we need to rent them and provide income to the owners, not move you into them because you are upset over maintenance which is specifically mentioned in the documents."

WOW!!! Now, this was our 1st weekend staying there since we purchased. The seller did not tell us that it was a maintenance week, and none of the paperwork provided to us from Mary Lou at Casa Ybel said it was a maintenance week.

The noise was horrendous!!! Banging in apartments RIGHT NEXT TO US!! Removing and reinstalling (drilling) the railings and screens on balconies below us. Digging up the grass right outside of building G, leveling with some huge loud machine before laying the grass, all the "wonderful" work done by the pool (jackhammering, concrete saws, major large equipment to drill the holes for concrete posts . . . all for the shaded area to be erected) . . . you can imagine . . . and this work started at 8:00-8:30am and didn't stop until 8:30pm!!!!

Carl, we completely wanted to be relocated to another area. But - nope!!! Wasn't gonna happen. In addition, my honey asked since my birthday weekend was ruined, could we get the following weekend comped to us in a different building and the answer was "no - absolutely not"!!

They did provide us a whopping $40/night discount to get the 1bedroom rental at the other end of the property for the following weekend, but it cost us almost $400 for 2 days to try to recoup the peace.

Do I think this was "customer service"??? Absolutely NOT!! This guy Chris . . . didn't give a hoot. He does NOT care about he timeshare owners one bit!!! He was rude and completely unaccomodating. He informed us it is his job to get done what the Board votes to get done. And THAT'S IT!!! The unit owners??? We're out of luck dealing with him.

Where are the other units that were to be set aside?? Rented out?? Probably!! When we asked how come the other people in the building were able to move and where did they move to, we were told "that was an exception we were able to make because we moved them to a "foreclosure owned by the association".

Now, if anyone would like to get to the bottom of this . . . FOR REAL . . . I would be happy to get involved.

If we must go through this type of maintenance, I would have certainly appreciated being in a different building in a unit that was "set aside".

In addition, if the pool is ever scheduled to be closed during week 37 . . . how do we find out in advance. Because that would TOTALLY be unacceptable to me.

When FGH was organized as a Condominium Association, a maintenance week for each unit was established during the month of September of each year. The maintenance weeks will be designated on every schedule of the association units. The remaining 51 weeks were sold. The maintence weeks are owned by the association and all other weeks are owned by individuals. If you purchase a week that adjoins, in any dimension, a maintence week, there will be some type of work in the maintence week unit every year. In most years it will be little more than deed cleaning and perhaps replacement of some items of furniture or appliances. 2010 was the most intensive maintence/refurbshment in many years and it will be at least five years before anything even close to 2010 level will occur.

I am sorry you were so inconvienced, but the information was always available and could have been learned upon investigation. I believe that owners are usually notified in advance of the work, but if your paperwork had not reached the HGVC offices after your purchase, the notice would have gone to the prior owner.

Another cautionary note, you need to make certain that HGVC receives a copy of your deed, together with your address. This is a step that is frequently missed in a direct sale situations and if the copy is not received by HGVC, the notice will be sent to the prior owner.

Lynn L Perkins, President FGH Association.

There is absolutely no way the weeks can be