CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Maintenance weeks

During deep clean and upgrading we use to do 14 units each week in September (4 weeks) which totals 56 units, the exact number of units. The total number of units is: F with 16, G 24, H 16 units, a total of 56 units (FGH).
We scheduled work in blocks of 4 units in order to keep the noise concentrated, 2 upper and 2 lower units at a time.
G had blocks of 6 being a larger building than the others.
We should have 14 unsold "ghost" units in each of the 4 weeks in September, that was the basis for that plan.
What I was asking for was the sequence we had to work with.
On the books of the associations we had the particular reserve units (14 for each week in September) on record.
All I am asking is which numbers for each of the 4 weeks are kept unsold. That was in our working records. They should still remain the same in blocks of 4, 6, and 4 for each of the 4 weeks.
That is the data I requested.
No owner had to be moved at any time,we just had 56 fewer unit owners in total for September.
Hilton is the only party that can determine if this is kept up today from their owner records on file.
The result of this program is that owners never had to be moved during the annual work period. And there are no expense to the owners, since the 56 units were not in our accounting. No reserves were needed. Our budget had to have an amount for deep clean every year, which is not a reserve item but a maintenance fee.
If owners are moved today (away from the week they own), it can only be due to the fact some of the 56 unit weeks have been sold and the program no longer is workable. Are we making owners use a different unit than they own? It should not be so.
If we have problems now, we could change the plan and change the work blocks to include all of F in 1 week, all of H in 1 week, and G in 2 weeks with 12 units pr week for G. Then each building would be totally empty for 1 or 2 weeks only of the full month.
We would have to change titles for that month of September to accomplish this.
Another point is that in our budget we convert annual maintenance cost into cost pr unit week, and here we have to deduct the active weeks 52 (pr year) times units (56) with the non sold 56 unit weeks to 51 by 56 or 2856 unit weeks.
Each $10 spent pr unit week amounts to $28,560 on our annual maintenance fee in our budget!
That is why we have to check our budget for every dollar spent!
We should spend more time on the budget this year due to the hardships many of the owners are going through.

Carl, I have no idea what planet you are living on now, but here on earth, FGH still has the same maintenance weeks they always had. Why there are 21 units the first week, 18 the second and 17 units spread over the last two weeks is unknown to me, but it hasn't been changed and no one has had to moved to accomodate the weeks.

I think that Building G was originally scheduled to have 16 units like Buildings F and H and the building size was increased to meet a larger demand than anticipated. This belief is based on an early sketch of the development that showed 3 buildings with 16 units each.

Thank you for acknowleding that the alleged blocking of your internet access was due to your failure to follow the directions for connecting on line. I have learned that reading the directions for on-line connections solves about 99.9 percent of the problems, BUT it is more fun to blame someone else.

Lynn, I think your response to Carl was not appropriate and not very helpful. If you read my post on another thread, I am in building G and had the most horrendously loud and annoying vacation EVER!!!!!! They working above us, below us and on both sides of us the entire time we were there.

I would LOVE for Carl to get down to the bottom of how this can never happen to us again. I now understand it is a maitenance week that we bought into (unknowingly) . . . but as Hilton doesn't have anything for us to "upgrade" to . . . we are stuck unless we sell this maintenance week to someone else. I am a little more concientous than those that sold it to me . . . I would disclose . . . therefore, I'm sure it won't go quickly.

In the meantime, I wonder what planet YOU are from not having any consideration that owners in September are people to and are entitled to some peace and quiet?

I say maintenance weeks should be alternated between the 3 lowest times of the year . . . not just slamming the owners in September!!

Good for you Carl in staying on top of this!! I would love to understand our options more before we go on vacation next year.

While I can understand how annoying and frustrating it is to have noise from work going on while you are on holiday, there is not really any practical alternative. All resorts have to allocate a certain period in the year where unit weeks are not sold, and deep cleaning is undertaken - or it would never get done. Either the whole resort is closed during that week, or it is phased over a number of weeks. The price for the remaining weeks that have been sold is generally much lower to compensate for the disruption, and buyers knew at the time of purchase what was happening if they chose those weeks. It is very unfortunate that you were not informed by your seller.

This is all written into the deeds, and cannot be changed. The procedure is for the benefit of the resort and the owners as a whole. If it was not done this way, the units would very quickly deteriorate, and we would then be moaning that the resort was going to rack and ruin, instead of having one of the best resorts.

Just a quick note:

Am I to assume the association now has sold our original 56 unit weeks in September that were supposed to stay empty as a block to protect neighboring vacationers?
Perhaps that is the reason for us not getting an answer for what the week and unit numbers are?
I hope that is not so, and if so where did the funds
from the 56 units go? They did belong to our association, who pays the taxes for the 56 units?
I am sure they are not sold, we would have heard about it, and celebrated with more than 1/2 million Dollars brought into our funds?
Perhaps that is a reason for us not being able to obtain our taxation records from Hilton, the taxes for the 56 units should be slit up between our total tax payments paid by each owner.
Our Lee County Tax assessor reaffirms me our percentage splits of total tax collected by Hilton is public domain as part of our tax law. Each owner should know his or her percentage rate for each week of the year.