CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Resort Maintenance

Dear Dave!
I do not know who you are, you are one of the reasons for having to make us go "under ground" or private in our "family" type discussions between owners by forcing ourselves to use secret pass-words in order to talk to each other?.
I believe openness is a quality we need to create and maintain a balance of trust in each other. No one is here to hurt each other! We need understanding.
Your need to be Incognito is a sign of mistrust.
The last one that appeared on our Forum was traced to be e-mailing us from a Federal Prison in New York State! which gave me goose pimples! (What was he in for?)
I was sorry to see you introduced the word "Nazism" out of nowhere which made me sick. Having lived under it in Denmark for 5 years would make you understand why. Hiding our Jewish friends and allied pilots in our loft before my dad was able to make a clear path to Sweden to help them get away, was not a fun thing.
If you were reading the Forum right, I was told by experts we might have a censorship problem, and I had some problems of my own due to certain experiences and I tried to correct it.
At least I was pleased to say we thought we had a problem, we talked, and could shake hands after word.

May the world find ways of doing the same.

Carl,

Who I am has nothing to do with your negative postings and personal attacks. I called you out to the fact that you called Mr. Ramirez dishonest and then you were not man enough to appropriately apologize. It is the content of your postings which potentially damages the use and value of my week.

I own in Building H, right next to the boulders, which by the way I could care less about. In fact, the boulders have been an nice improvement. I have owned my week for well over a decade. I also vacation at Casa Ybel during other times of the year. I believe we met by the pool once.

I will continue monitoring this website and blog to hold you and all your naysayers accountable to Casa Ybel and its hundreds of owners. If, in the future, I believe you are in anyway jeopardizing the value of my week or antagonizing Hospitality, you will hear from me and I will copy management on my reply.

If it is your intent to continue blasting management, hospitality, Mr. Jackson, etc, then give up this site. However, if the intent was to share ideas and information to enhance our vacation experience, then I encourage you to continue. The past couple of postings such as "Pet Friendly", "Oil Spill Update", and "Good News for FGH", are perfect examples of the content that this should focus on communicating.

Good Day.

Thank you for revealing yourself.
And also for not mentioning the Nazis again.
I hope you can enjoy our open conversations, all for the benefit of keeping Casa Ybel in top condition as the resort that caters to owners and make them feel they can move around our resort without certain newly created barriers or lacking pool equipment.
I heard so many comments about the boulders in July, owners are still hoping to get their 2o some years old original shortcut to the pool returned to them.
I never used personal words as stated by you to hurt our general manager Mr. Ramirez in a personnel way. I hardly knew him, most of my contacts were with old time Hilton folks. I have never heard any negative comments from Mr. Ramirez. His name is not even mentioned in the opening paragraphs! He is very professional at his post, and answers mail without delay.
Mr. Jackson and I had a long time disagreement behind us, granted, but why keep it up, he is not a consultant for the board any more.
Why go back to that again.
We still have the web site going in spite of him, and I do not have any scars from his very physical approaches during our board meetings.
And yes, Casa Ybel was broken up by Mariner as a part of secrecy kept form owners except Mr.J. who was involved to give approval as President of FGH, but never informed owners. We could have made a bid to hold the resort together as one.
Please do not bring these items up again, it is water over the dam.
I should place the many good comments I have in my files from old as well of new owners telling us that our Time Share facility was unusual in that we had a Forum.
The lack of feared secrecy and also healing of problems that you can find in any development gave them a desire to purchase units in a healthy community of thousands (3800) owners, not just "hundreds" as you wrote.

We are planning to require your e-mail as security for entering remarks in the Forum. Your e-mail with your own choice of password will be your own new entry code.
Peace, let us get back to work!

Well said, Carl. I also wondered why David concluded that you called Mr. Ramirez dishonest. Demanding that you send an apology to Messrs. Ramirez and Jackson (who has been out of the picture for quite a while) and threatening to tell on you if you jeopardize the value of your week, are weird.

David, your postings sometimes have a modicum of positive content, but are often overly combative and, ironically, given your accusations of Carl, sprinkled with personal attacks. My guess is that your job does not require diplomacy. You recognize, I‘m sure, that this forum in which you occasionally vent your spleen, is due almost entirely to Carl. I believe you should cut him, as well as others, a little more slack. This forum, in my view, should continue to discuss issues that are problematic, and it would be nice if one could do that and not be subject to ridicule.

The enhancements you described, Carl, will be positive changes. No more Turtle Soup and his ilk. And we can disagree openly (and, hopefully, in a civil manner) without compromising the rental efforts.