CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our new pool area has some good news

Visited some friends on Sanibel over the weekend and took some photos of the work being done around the pool at Casa Ybel.
I was initially informed that our only wooden shady structure was being demolished, due to neglect on updating to the city codes.
I was surprised when I noticed that a new metal framework was going up with heavy concrete foundations in the same area. Is this really the start of a nice new shady area, as seen at Tortuga, our sister resort on Sanibel?
It would be nice to hear more about the plans. It looks promising.
I also noticed that our dead grass areas are being treated with new sod squares in front of G building, that will improve the looks of things.
I will not place the photos on our site "as is" now during construction. I will e-mail photos to owners who are interested in the transaction, work is being done.
Just click "e-mail" below, make subject:
"Casa Ybel Photos" and include return e-mail

Re: Our new pool area has some good news

Delighted to hear about the improvements - particularly the new grass outside G building, where my unit is, and the new shaded area by the pool.

Perhaps members staying at the resort over the next few weeks could give us regular updates.

Most of the pavers were completed today. Management stated at the Owner's Coffee that all work should be completed by mid week of Oct 18.

They have done a reasonable job of keeping the inconvenience to a minimum.

as of Oct 21, paving not complete. Quite some noise this past week. Will be nice when finished.

As of today, the contractors are trying to install the overhang. Very interesting work ethic down here on the beach...

Contractors seem to be confused more than doing actual work, running electrical cords from the hot-tub area across the pool deck, using loud saws and hammer drills, and playing their radio loud. Oh, and they have a dog with them that is cute, and occassionally barks.

Impressive!