CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Management Fees

Lynn, I do have some questions.

Regarding taxes, why do they vary from week to week? When I purchased my weeks (51 and 52), I paid a premium vs. nearly all the other weeks, but I don’t see why my taxes, which are based on the value of the real estate (which shouldn’t vary week to week), should be higher than others.

From a maintenance fee standpoint, what is the difference between Intervals and Time Shares?

The Coconuts bar and Thistle Lodge restaurant should be self funding. Why do our maintenance fees support these enterprises?

Why should the amount of beach front (which was the primary driver of our decision to buy) increase our maintenance fees? This should be reflected in the purchase price and property taxes only.

Regarding points e. and f., I really don’t know which resorts have these amenities, but I would be surprised if none did. I agree that they do drive higher maintenance fees.

A full answer to your question will be forthcoming, probably next week. I'm at Casa Ybel now and we had the budget meeting on Tuesday, setting the maintenance fees for the coming year. I will also give you, when I answer the amount of your taxes for the coming year, together with an explanation of how they are calculated.

Lynn

You should know why your fees are less in other countries than in the United States. Check to see how much they pay the people who work there. That should be the answer by itself. Please send me the information on the USA resort, whether it is a time share or an interval ownership and an accounting of their reserves, then a meaningful comparison can be made.

Respectifully

Lynn