CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Comparable Study of Maintenance Fees

I’m glad you brought this up, again, Carl. Well over a month ago, I asked Lynn Perkins some questions regarding maintenance fees. My questions were prompted by his rationale for the high fees at Casa Ybel (lots of beach front, high taxes, the restaurant and pool bar, etc.). A full answer to my questions was promised for the following week. But, since the issue moved off page 1 (it is now on page 3), it was “out of sight, out of mind”, and no answers have been provided.

Lynn?

Re: Comparable Study of Maintenance Fees

Goerge Earl, you are touching a subject that I did not feel we needed time to discuss, but you are so right.
Why should maintenance fees be higher due to a prestine Beach?
And our units are not filled with movable decorative objects as so many other privately owned condos are. It is designed for easy cleaning, and I find the cost of $128 a high fee for cleaning an average unit,and ad supplies of soap and towels. after all, most of our owners and guests do not seem to trash the units, but are treating the units like home.
A full house with a 1 day cleaning is costing us 76 by $128 or $10,000 each Friday.
How many cleaners do we have?
And when occupancy is 50%, where does the $5,000 surplus go? back to register? And when rented by the day who pays for the extra cleaning?
Supplies and electricity is not more expensive there than on Periwinkle?
I hope we can solve som problems in our expenses and keep our units affordable. Why should fees and rentals even each other out?
Why invest in a privat vacation unit week with these fees? Condominium owners have a different scale.

We also need to look at spending $7,600 for picking up and turning our keys in. It is presently $100 for each unit each week. Why not pick the keys up on Hilton on Periwinkle "for free" on our way in our out?
The pool was kept at a reasonable cost for use by owners for many years, what is the cost today?
It is a very large number not mentioned in the budget at all. During Mariner the cost was given each year.
Study our fees before they get approved in the spring meeting. I have not been able to get a report on what our board worked out before they accepted the budget.
Perhaps some inouts from the board would be helpful for us on the outside?