CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Request to Trip-advisor web site to support our 3500 owners

www.tripadvisor.com

Casa Ybel Resort has 3500 Time Share owners with 76 two bedroom Condominiums and we are into our 30th year of operation.

Our main ownership organizations are

“Casa Ybel Beach & Racquet Club Phase FGH Condominium Association, Inc” and “Casa Ybel Beach & Racquet Club Phase IJK Condominium Association, Inc.”

It has been considered the top Resort on the Sanibel Island on the historical grounds and beach of Casa Ybel Hotel from a century ago.

Many of our owners are complaining about the poor presentation by your “tripadvisor.com”. website, its guests and their comments about overall "Casa Ybel Resort"

Casa Ybel is the only resort on Sanibel with an Olympic size swimming pool, tennis courts and pristine grounds.
The wide beach on the southern most point of Sanibel is well separated beach far from public beaches on both sides.

You’re ratings are placing us “worse than 19 other smaller motels and vacation spots around the small Island” and seems ridiculous!

You could do a great service for our 3500 owners to promote interest in helping them to promote their large 2 bedroom condominiums all with screened porches and each one facing the Gulf of Mexico beach a stone throw away including the brightest white sand filled with fine shells. not a single rock or stone to be found or hurt your toes on.

The time share owners at Casa Ybel have had their own website www.casaybel.com for more than 20 years and you have refused to promote us on tripadvisor for years.

You are helping our Thistle Lodge owners and also the 40 one room unit owners to be promoted, and by their many complaints (from their unhappy guests) you are running the 3500 two bedroom owners out of a good rating with no chance for them do anything about it.

We do not own the Thistle Lodge Restaurant that once was a special family restaurant for Casa Ybel almost solely supported by owners and guests at Casa Ybel for
needed family style meals at a good price on location.

We are unhappy to find your many poor recommendations by readers about the present restaurant on your web site under Casa Ybel Resort heading as a negative to our fine 2 bedroom Condominiums. We have no say on the operation of the now privately owned restaurant.

Likewise the 5 smaller Condominiums each with 8 one bedroom units, also as part of Casa Ybel Resort (Each one of 40 units are privately owned) are advertised heavily as the Casa Ybel Resort at a rental cost almost equal to our large to bedroom units including free nights which we cannot afford to offer.

The reports from unhappy guests of these 1 room units are likewise hurting our ratings on your web, as they downgrade one room units with a porch as being over priced, and we have likewise no way to do anything about it. We seem to be comparing apples to oranges.

It is sad to see your readers degrading comments about the overall Casa Ybel Resort when we 3500 owners (the major part of Casa Ybel Resort) can not do anything about correcting these abuses.
We would like for you to give us support allowing us to present a true picture for all three owners to contribute making Casa Ybel Resort a better and more desired attraction.

Carl J Appelberg
ex board member and owner of www.casaybel.com “the owners web site”

239-898-9496
james@casaybel.com

Re: Request to Trip-advisor web site to support our 3500 owners

What did you expect when this site is dedicated almost exclusively to trashing management and the facilities? I have been replying for a couple of years for you and others to be careful. If I were to Google and find this site, I would probably never consider Casa Ybel for a vacation. Good luck repairing the Casa Ybel image that so many for so long worked deligently to establish; not to mention the amount of money spent annually managing, maintaining, and restoring the units and grounds.

David-since when is it trashing when we are concerned about the management of OUR resort. We love Casa Ybel and have every right to speak up when we don't agree about how things are handled. Don't ever tell me things haven't changed since Mariner sold us out. The rebuilding of our units was a disaster. The quality of the units is NOT the quality it first was and we have every right to speak up about it. The trip advisor means nothing to me. We bought at Casa Ybel preconstruction and use our weeks and when we don't we rent them ourselves. So there!!!!!

Again a person incognito.
I do not understand where your interests are with regards to maintaining a healthy condition at Casa Ybel.
If you can't see it is very unfair for a website with a large readership such as tripadvisor to run a privately owned time share deep into tha ground, I suddently understand where you are cmming from.
If you are an owner you should help 3500 other owners to stand up for what is fair.
I have many owners asking me how can we make things right, and I said I would write them a letter for them to change their vicious attacks.
Please help us Casa Ybel owners to get some understnading and support.
Would you place us at #19 on Sanibel?

I am a timeshare owner at Casa Ybel and a frequent contributor to and reader of Tripadvisor.
Tripadvisor does not control what is written on their site. The best way to promote your favorite travel destinations and restaurants is to leave reviews of your own on Tripadvisor. If everyone who loves Casa Ybel leaves a glowing (and honest) review on Tripadvisor, the ratings for the resort will rise in the ranks. People who read Tripadvisor before they chose their vacation destination, will take into account all of the reviews they read there, but most especially, the recent ones.
My advice is to go on Tripadvisor yourself and write a review. Tell the world what you love about Casa Ybel and Sanibel! Casa Ybel is currently listed at #17. Your review will help it move up in the rankings.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34616-d226581-Reviews-Casa_Ybel_Resort-Sanibel_Island_Florida.html

Happy holidays everyone!