CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: observations from week 1

George,
This seems to happen during week #1 also. However, I believe our week has less people overall and less kids. Even on the warmest days this past week, The chairs were never all taken. There doesn't seem to be a lot of extra space for more chairs either. I can't tell if there are more, less, or the same number of chairs since being replaced. Lynn?

I don't know if there is a good solution to this problem as everyone seems to feel if they don't do this, they won't get a lounge (and they may not). I know one thing that would help. When people use/reserve lounges, don't leave an empty one next to you. I find more times than not, "poolies" come in pairs or families. It would be almost impossible to ask a whole row of people to move over one chair after they've gotten settled in.

As for the towels, I didn't see any addition to the quality of them. They're pretty thin. They get used alot and that probably wares them out at a pretty fast rate. They're still a lot better than those old yellow ones we used to have, if you remember.

I would ask a board member about how much $$$ goes towards towels. I imagine they have a life span and are scheduled for replacement every so often (the towels too).

When serving on the board I recall one of our annual
questions to Hilton (after that Mariner days) was the question of the fees for using the pool and pool area, which is now owned by "Hospitality", and what is now considered a resonable rate.
It was basicly based on daily upkeep, cleaning and the cost of chemical treatments. also heating and filtering of the water. Please let us know before the annual meeting what these fees amount to, and include the towels.
With Mariner we had a prepared cost increase for the year with some limits to increases.
The costs were also supported by the 40 one bedroom units, so some estimates can be made with participation of a total of some 112 units.
An estimate of $20 per unit week is high and would provide $2,240 in weekly maintenance cost,or 4.3 times $2,240 almost $10,000 for monthly operational costs.
This should include pay for decent towels and supervision, and an upgraded spa area.
Please board,let us know what the figures came to when you settled for the present budget under consideration.
At one time it was suggested we should ad a pool on the East side to control expenses, Sun Dial has 6 or 7 pools, another pool might be attractive.
We could then install coke or pepsi machines with reasonable prices on drinks in plastic bottles on the side.

Carl,

While not completely on point, you were doing so well up until the second pool and then you went completely overboard with the coke machine idea. Unless of course you intend for the nickel profit off each bottle sold from the hideous-looking coke machine to provide an adequate return to the cost of construction at over $1.0 million plus annual maintenance.

I wished you could tell me what we are spending for using the pool owned by front office.?
I have asked for an answer and have not yet received one.
If we are spending $100 a week we could pay your Million Dollar pool in full in 3 years? ($380,000.oo a year.)
I just hope this is not true.
The availability of a $1 cold coke would save a lot of steps back to the unit and better than $10 a drink
at poolside.
I WISH THE BOARD COULD SUPPLY US WITH AN EXPENSE BREAKDOWN FOR THE MAJOR PART OF OUR FEES, THE MANAGEMENT FEES, AND BREAK IT INTO MAJOR EXPENSE AREAS AT OUR NEXT ANNUAL MEETING.
A breakdown of a computer "bill-pay" program into "paid to" and summerized could be done on our computer in minutes.
How else can you justify expenses, and approve the fees we are charged?
Mariner was able to do this for the board years ago, down to the cost of supply packages by the cost of each piece of soap. This today might be an insult, but ball park figures should be accepted for the sake of time saving procedures.