CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vote for Casa Ybel in Travel & Leisure Magazine's Worlds Best Survey

Thumps up! We need to donate more space to the praise of our great Resort we all share parts of.
Owners and guests need more than ever to share the experiences we all enjoy when spending time at "Casa Ybel".

It creates a feeling of freedom without fear to share the many memories we have stored up from the more than Thirty years most owners have enjoyed the blessings of nature and the closeness of the open sea.

How many homes are blessed with collections of sea shells from our own beach in their homes scattered from the US to Canada and across to Europe.

By visiting different homes you can sometimes say:
You must have spent time at Casa Ybel in Florida?

It's time to seperate our "Forum" into 2 parts:
One open Forum for things we like to share or tell each other, new places to visit or new things to
explore, such as the now popular hi-speed boat trip around the entire Island followed by jumping Dolphins!

Our second "Forum 2" can then be used with limited acces to do our wash and hang it out to dry!
any comments?

Please let the world enjoy your inputs to "Forum 1"
and help to spread our hidden secrets of shelling and tranquility at Casa Ybel. Perhaps we can win an unussual, hard to earn, prize!

Ad your own voice to the "Forum 1" and let the world know your own feelings.

Second Forum - Not a great idea

This forum has already tried a limited access forum. Rather than improving communication, it reduced levels of participation. Please reference comments (shown below) that I've made on this subject before. Having a second layer (even if not password protected) reduces the number of legitimate people who will go to that new area.

SUMMARY: If we want a very small group, go ahead and password protect a second forum. If we want to broadcast important information to the largest number of owners in an effort to educate them and to get them to band together, don't have an additional forum.

June 16, 2009
For what it's worth (which admittedly may not be much to many), I don't think there's much value to this forum being password protected. Other than the periodic rant against Richard Jackson, there really isn't anything much discussed here that needs protection.

Instead, I think that the requirement of the password may actually limit the number of discrete users/viewers of the forum. For example, if someone is an owner and an infrequent casual viewer of the forum, they are unlikely to be willing to register and get a password. As a result, they may be unexposed/unaware to critical issues like the need for more votes in favor of extending the life of FGH, which receive good explanation in the forum.

I would recommend that you consider going back to the public viewing so that key issues become more well-known.

While I don't claim full knowledge of best practices for owner forums, I have been and am currently responsible for internet strategy for a company. The strategy for this forum seems like it will result in a very small, intimate group of owners who already know each other rather than a broad group of owners (who may not be acquainted with each other) who could band together on common issues.

Just some thoughts.

Re: Vote for Casa Ybel in Travel & Leisure Magazine's Worlds Best Survey

Tried to visit the Travel and Leisure survey site to complete the survey.
My computer came up saying it was a bad security risk and not to enter.
Just some info that may or may not be important.I did not proceed as I get enough spam.