CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Annual meeting on May 3rd?

Carl

The amount of unpaid maintenance fees and late payment fees appear on the closing statement as expenses deducted from the sales proceeds, but in fact it is not an expense as those sums are received by the association. Any amount that appears on the profit line is an actual gain (profit) to the association over and above the unpaid fees, etc.

By moving quickly with the foreclosure action we usually recover most if not all of the unpaid fees.

My question about selling weeks returned due to non-payment and the calculation of late fees to be paid by the the lost owner was really my question.
My input from lost owners were the late fees adding up to thousand of Dollars of legal fees that made it impossible to ever buy back his unit and be an owner again.
What legal protection do we need when we have the unit in hand already?
If it costs $20,000 to sell a few units I would offer free space on web to offer these units for sale with no commission? The association would be $20,000 richer to help overcome bad times.
It's all new to me with these tall fees due to the fact we now live in times of hardship galore.
Can the board find some solutions as is done in our
real estate to save homes, to help us not to loose
vacation homes the same way?
Respectfully
Carl J Appelberg

Lynn you might give up on carl understanding the situation as you can see he does not understand factual information. His whole post was a dig at hospitatilly and the board.w49