CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Annual meeting 2011 and a question regarding this web site

Carl,
Good idea. Simple is best. I'm all for it.
Pat

I agree with that, Carl

I do not see the sense to password protect this Website. The activity level, and number of participants is at best small. I believe Pat mentioned this would protect our investments, someone please explain. I have seen occurances of folks , not owners, looking to rent units at the resort. Carl you immediately send them to the shell page---thereby potentially giving an owner opportunity to rent his unit. Once Password protected that will not occur again. I would think that could harm my investment.

Rich,
The idea proposed would not password protect the rentals and sales pages. Just the forum. A couple of points as to why it would be helpful for our investments. One is that there is discussion on these pages by owners that is best left between owners and can be misinterptreted by the public to suggest a reason to not visit the resort, which is not true. Second, an easy password keeps those off the page who have nothing more to do that spend days messing up web sites with crude or inappropriate posts (as in "Shallow Hal" in earlier posts). When I first got on the Board on behalf of the owners I did half a years' worth of research by joining the forums of other resorts (with their permission) and surveying journalists, web site host companies etc. All agreed and I finally agreed as well that a forum needs to be limited to members, provided with some sort of easy password protection, and reviewed from time to time for inappropriate posts. I don't feel comfortable posting comments about the resort without an easy password protection for the forum and limiting it to owners.
Hopefully this helps to understand why it would help protect our investments.
Pat

Here's my post from 2009 on this subject. I don't see that anything has changed.

"For what it's worth (which admittedly may not be much to many), I don't think there's much value to this forum being password protected. Other than the periodic rant against Richard Jackson, there really isn't anything much discussed here that needs protection.

Instead, I think that the requirement of the password may actually limit the number of discrete users/viewers of the forum. For example, if someone is an owner and an infrequent casual viewer of the forum, they are unlikely to be willing to register and get a password. As a result, they may be unexposed/unaware to critical issues like the need for more votes in favor of extending the life of FGH, which receive good explanation in the forum.

I would recommend that you consider going back to the public viewing so that key issues become more well-known.

While I don't claim full knowledge of best practices for owner forums, I have been and am currently responsible for internet strategy for a company. The strategy for this forum seems like it will result in a very small, intimate group of owners who already know each other rather than a broad group of owners (who may not be acquainted with each other) who could band together on common issues.

Just some thoughts."

David Fields

Davide this website has very little vaule the best thing that could happen is it would go away.Its primary usage has always been toallow Carl to vent and oost errouns information. I bet i will hear about my spelling.utk8

Buzz off Jones! Your reply is really stupid, and you cannot even spell properly, so how can we take you seriously?

I’m with you, Paul. I’m not even sure what jones said. It appears that someone has played a joke on him and relocated all the keys on his keyboard.

I'm with Jones -

Geek when have you or Appledorf ever made a positive contribution to this site?

Layoff the board and Hospitality - Casa Ybel looks great and has for many many years. If you want to do something positive, bring back the slide.

I’m not sure what aspect of jones you’re with, Mr. Mike. Although I believe you are trying to be cute with your fractured language, I cannot tell whether jones is ignorant, lazy, or trying to emulate Lewis Carroll.

This appears to be your first posting, at least as MM, so you have no history of “positive contribution”, but what would you consider positive? Paul and Carl often have provided positive contributions, in my view, but while Carl seems to have a thick skin, Paul, like me, is easily piqued.

As to the slide, as Dick the Butcher said, kill all the lawyers.

sorry you gys are offened by native typing. Actually i was helping four (4) young ladies wearing brazialln bikins down to the beach. Guess they were fortunite that earl or his deputy werenot there

I still do not understand what you are wittering on about, Jones. Nothing you say makes any sense.

You must be drunk or stupid, but either way, you are not welcome on this site.

Paul,

Jones is the best blogger to hit this site since Pelican Pete and gang. Ligthen up - life is too short to be so serious. Hit the beach once and awhile and then you will understang Jones.

Why would anyone let this person upset them. It is summer vacation and the kids like to play on the computers. Lighten up