CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: No Day without a Sunset

I will admit since I started this issue of Owner's web back before 1994 ,lots of photos have appeared in 15 years, I meant to say "our Photos" and referring to the fact you mentioned that our Casa Ybel Beach faces straight to Cuba, due South.
I remember the name Robin Clay who submitted some fantastic beach and resort photos to us many years ago, some close ups of designs created by wind and water in the sand. Do you know if he is still around?
In last years sun set discussion we were talking about how far out to sea we had to go to see a summer sun set.
We know we can view a sunset in December towards the West as per photo (facing west) is showing
The real sun set joke was guaranteed to state that in a thunderstorm or hurricane we have sunsets even if you cannot see them! They are always there.
I think I named Robin clay's photos at one time, I have to check if they still are.

Thanks
Carl

Re: No Day without a Sunset

I think Pelican Pete might know a bit about Sanibel, but he is ignorant of astronomical phenomena. He might live on Sanibel, but I have “lived” on Sanibel during the time around the winter solstice for the past 34 years, and I can assure you that the sun rises and sets over water at Casa Ybel then. The photo by Robin Clay was taken in March or September (close to the equinox), and the sunset has moved north by 30 or 40 degrees from its December venue.

I suspect PP leaves for South America during the winter months.