CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Maintenance Weeks at FGH

I’m going to cast a vote for the top loaders, also. We switched to the front loaders at our home back in February. They do use less water, but do not get the clothes any cleaner. They look impressive, also, on top of the stands. But, they require HE detergent, and using non-HE would leave a mess. The washers must be left open when not in use, and this is a problem for a resort full of people not knowing this, or not caring. These machines require significantly more care by the users.

From my viewpoint, the only plus for a front loader is water conservation, and I don’t think that advantage is worth the risk of misuse.

Thanks for your input, that is what I asked for and it looks like I am out voted. I disagree that the washers are left outside, they are in a very sheltered location and that you have to use hiE, but none the less, I have your opinions which are invaluable.

Lynn Perkins

It's okay to agree to disagree! Let's hope you go with the opinions and vote with the majority.

While I started responses to Lynn's question and I agree with many of those who responded, I'd be very reluctant to say the the handful of responses on this forum represent a majority of owners.

Nevertheless, there are enough concerns and experiences to reconsider the issue.

Whether you agree with me or not, I am very appreciative of your approach and tone. I'm glad you're on our board.

I just saw this thread and wanted to share my input, if it isn't too late. After reading many technical forums while researching new washers for my home, I would also vote for top loading washers. To clarify the comment about them being outdoors, they are in a sheltered area, but they are in a non-conditioned environment, meaning the room is not temperature or humidity controlled, like the interior of a home. For appliance installation, this is considered outside and not recommended for front loading washers.

I too, find it refreshing to revisit the issue. Nice to have you on our board. We love Casa Ybel and are preconstruction owners, and want the best for our resort, but feel sometimes cost isn't considered when replacing items. One year, all the desks were replaced with new ones. The one in 220 was better than the one we have at home but since one need replaced. .all of them needed replaced (we were told). To spend our money because it is there doesn't always make since to me.

I vote for washboards and clothes lines. Perhaps a bit unsightly, but they will save $$ in the long run.

Hector is an idea man. I agree with his suggestion!

Ideclare you boys tslking about that sunshine and wind energy for washing clothes has got me tingling in just the right place! Ijust adore big ole strohg boys that use that alternate energy cause when you dont use that fissle stuff their is so much more i can have for my cadillac! Plus we can send more over to china to help feed those poor starving children my mother always told me about. well i'm going toput on my little bitty bikiny and go get me some alternate energy.

Well, OK. Here we go again. More erudite lucidity to this site.

To which replys are you referring George?

Well, the postings stopped being serious and entered inanity with the contributions from Hector, Jed, and Wendy (aka jones). We often enter this phase, and it’s been a few weeks.