CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sanibel Island

We will be coming to Casa Ybel next Friday for our timeshare week and I was wondering if people who have been there lately would make some restarant suggestions for us. Thanks. Karen

Re: Sanibel Island

Depends on what you're looking for. We had a great meal right on the property at the Thistle Lodge. Our favorite is Traders. We tried something new this year and I can't think of the name, but it's west of Bailey and east of Rabbit Road right on the beach (West gulf Road), I think it's at Island Inn. Nice Italian restaurant with entertainment. I think Amy's Over Easy is clean with a nice ambience, but the food isn't that special and it is pricey. I guess if I could only go to breakfast one time on the island I would go to the Lighthouse Cafe. For something different and the weather shouldn't be too hot you might try the former Chadwicks - seating is indoors (picnic tables) and outside. This is a bar b que restaurant. Very, very casual, but the food is pretty good. For lunch I would recommend eating right at Coconuts and enjoying the property and Danny Morgan (on the weekend.) Enjoy - your week will be over before you know it!

Thanks

Funny you should bring that up, Karen!
I am planning to make an attachment to our
www.Casa Ybel.com
web site for the sole purpose of giving our owners with 1 or 2 week's stay (or more) a chance to avoid experimenting and find the right restaurant for the right occasion by giving us your experiences in writing or photos from some fun you had dining out on Sanibel!
www.sanibelwhattodo.com (not ready yet)
I just came back from my stay with new photos and stories about what is going on with our restaurants.
It is intended to be a chat box on Restaurants and Entertainment. Dolce Vita is no more and so with Ellingtons, but new things are showing up such as "Stone Crabs" and the refurnished Restaurant in front of Bailey's!
I am open for suggestions! All restaurants will have free representation, and I will work something out to make access to the individual restaurants web site and
anything they might want to tell you on our site.

Carl Appelberg