CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Record Temperature in Ft Myers on Monday Jan 31 !

"USA TODAY" announced Ft Myers had the hottest temperature (81F)of all in our contiguous 48 States on Monday January 31, 2012! Hawaii did beat our heat record with 2 at 83F degrees, while Fairbanks, Alaska made another cold temperature record of -62F. The coldest temperature within our 48 was LandO'Lakes, Wisconsin, with -17F.
Sanibel enjoyed almost 100 degrees above Wisconsin.
come on down!!!
Remember to click front page of www.casaybel.com underneath the photo of our pool to read the local temperature from our Weather Channel.

Re: Record Temperature in Ft Myers on Monday Jan 31 !

Shame I missed it. It has been snowing in the UK, but clearing up now.

We are going to Florida early March. Could not get an exchange anywhere along the gulf coast, so staying in a hotel at St Pete Beach instead.

sorry to hear you have fallen for St. Petersburg ads, had hopped someday to meet you both on Sanibel.

The best ad St Pete had, was when the turist bureau
advertised about their guaranteed vacation pleasures as the best in the world. The best beaches on hand and a guarantee that THEY would pay you a great prize if you got there and missed a sunrise or sunset, as they now would bet anyone that they would never be without one!

It worked, and the sun still sets every day with no
problem.
But you know it also does that right here on Sanibel,
You might not see it in the rain, but it happens like clock work
Have a good time up ther, Always something new.

Safe trip
Carl

Thanks, Carl, and I would also like to meet you when possible. I tried for several months to get a timeshare exchange for the Gulf coast for this week but it was just impossible. It seems to be a very busy period at this time.

We are now at St Pete. Once we could not get a timeshare and had to pay for a hotel, I opted for being in the Tampa area, as we are going to Orlando next week, so it is only a comparatively short drive. I was looking at Sarasota or a bit further north, and where we are staying seemed very good value, as we have a suite with full kitchen.

Perhaps we will meet next time (unless you are heading a bit north this week).

Thanks Paul!
One question: Does the sun really rise and set every day in the St Pete area?
You have some wonderful barrier Islands from Venice all the way up to Tampa, and you do not have to go all the way to Orlando to see "Sea World", Budwieser
has it's main Sea World in Tampa with free beer!
You might be able to get a good old pub beer there also and lots of German food plus a full African Safari to be seen from the air in one of their gondolas, have fun
Carl

Hi Carl

I don't know about the sun setting in St Pete as I do not live in that area. In any case I have moved on from there, and am now in Orlando, staying at a resort I own at - Parkway International, where the appartments are quite stunning.

Actually, I have not noticed the sun setting here either.