CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: red tide

We were at casa Ybel during weeks 51 and 52. There were some red tide issues, with a small amount of fish kill. One day, I found several small eels, and a couple larger (2’ diameter) ones washed up. I experienced a little throat discomfort, but nothing major. One afternoon, my granddaughters and I wandered out in the gulf, and noticed that when we got to the sandbar, the water had become an eerie shade of green, which I had never experienced before. It also felt a little oily. It was a small patch of red tide, and we could see a slight reddish hue when we got back to the beach.

Bottom line: Yes, we did experience red tide, but it was fairly inconsequential and certainly nothing to be alarmed about. The red drift algae issue we experienced a few years ago was much more unpleasant. On the plus side, resulting kills can be interesting (like the eels).

Re: red tide

I stayed at Casa Ybel last week and the beach and water were the cleanest and clearest I've seen it in the eight years I've been going there. It was lovely. No red tide.