CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FGH Annual Meeting

Our Annual Meeting is coming up on April 23!! If any owner has questions and/or concerns, please feel free to post them here or e-mail me.

Lynn L Perkins, FGH President

Re: FGH Annual Meeting

Hello Lynn,

Thanks for listing the date for our next meeting of the Board.

Since I am not on the board any longer, and I wil be out of town at the time of the board meeting, I would like you to do the owners in general a favour:
Question:
Lots of owners have a harder time this year paying for several units at one time with the inherent multi Fees, when they own several units, due to our Nations money situation.
On our bills for the annual maintenance fees it states you have to pay $25 latefee beyond last legal pay day on February 15. That is understandable, and makes for good practice. Sometimes it is worth it for the owner in tight financial situations, and Hilton
makes up for lost interest.
It also states further longer delays require makeup for lost interest.

What it does not say, and I realy think we have overlooked this in the board meetings:
When and why did our local Hilton decide to place units into foreclosure after 2 months of non payment to a local lawyer in Saeasota? We are talking hundreds for each weekly owner for each week.
I understand Hilton, our protector, pays a laywer in Sarasota that large sum on April 1, (fools day) with hundreds of Dollars for each unit that is still late.

After all, is it that neccessary for Hilton to do it
that early? 2 months after due day.
The key to each unit is in Hiltons hands, and the unit can not be used or rented anyway?
How do we owners control it, if it gets rented for income by our rental office? where does the rent go?
If the Foreclosure is really neccessary at a later point place it in forclosure, and sell it right away instaed of delaying it to an annual auction?

The rental income can go towards lowering the needed
release fee?

Just like the annual budget, is it made up by Hilton now for our study with a signature in one afternoon, or do the board members still look at all details beyond the surface number? Hold the costs down!

I think it is time for our board, with it's many new
members all experienced in their special fields, to take time out and help the owners and Hilton build up the new costs alligned to new costs of living.

Thank you Lynn!

Carl J Appelberg