CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need 2BR week 52 unit.

We have pages of units for rent and sale on this owner's website called www.casaybel.com for the whole year for a relative low one time fee paid up front which of course also keeps this "Forum" alive for no cost to us.
I am glad to say that this one question for a unit has not appeared before in many years and wonder if this will give a result. If we changed to this format I think we would run out of space for the FORUM.

Our week 50 has already rented two out of three available units, while 2 units are still for sale. Why are they not for rent also?
And the 2 rented units are probable already paid for
to the happy owners. They do not have to wait months for payment, they can take a vacation with that rent.

You will not believe this!
I had a call today from an owner with 30 some year ownership that finally had other plans and rented the unit to take a special trip for a change. The owner asked me what procedure to use for collecting the rent now, it has not been paid to them yet?
I answered: "Did you not take at least a deposit?"
"No, the front office said they would get it rented for me, and I am way past that week now, who do I talk to?" was the question, "how can I collect from the family that used the unit some time ago.
"Why did you not use the owners: www.casybel.com?"
"Nobody has ever told us about this all these years, you mean I can rent my own unit by myself, I don't have to go through a realtor?"
How could our website be kept in such a secret in communications by Boards and Contractors alone? I was surprised. Some owners do communicate at the pool.

I really feel ashamed that an association of 3500 owners were able to allow such a censorship in all the official communications (Paid for by owners) from the head office down for so many years?
How much money has been lost by the owners in twenty some years? The pride of owning a timeshare would be increased if you knew there was more in it for you than just keep paying maintenance fees.
Why do all 3500 owners not form their own Casa Ybel Resort, and buy the Pool?
Restaurants do not need pools, a resort does.

A News Item:
SUN DIAL was sold and will be integrated,
and restored into one complete Resort, no divisions, all present ownerships integrated into one company, with benefits for all excisting owners.
Good news for Sanibel and us, (perhaps.)