CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Elevators, what about 1 at middle of F, G, and H each?

Well, Carl I think our units would look like an Extended Care Facility. If you can't carry your own luggage up to your unit, the front desk will do it for you.
Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

I am just somewhat concerned that more and more are asking for our socalled
handicapped access units, only available with 2 units each in I,J,and K.
All those 6 units are without stairways.
More and more are talking about our steps to be climbed in all the rest of our units, and are asking why we can't get up to the new standards like most units now available all over Sanibel and Captiva Islands and Ft Myers Beach. It turns out that our odd numbered units now are attrackting more demand due to being "ground floor" units, even though it still has 2 levels of steps from ground level plus the access to the bedrooms with another level with just one more stairway.

Notice "odd" numbered units are more in demand, and "even" numbered upstair units are less in demand in our unit rental listings. Well, our old time owners are talking more about it, while our youthfull 3rd generation have no problems at all so far. But someday they will also discover a need for a little "assist".

I feel this is the time where we can best afford adding a lift in each of the 3 buildings, with another job promoting solution! What about that, it will make Washington happy.

Carl,

You have convinced me....

I am all for it - but only if you agree to pay for all installation costs, including permitting, AND fund all maintenance for 20 years, AND purchase a bond for the future removal and repairs to the structures.

I went back and checked this a repost from august2010 almost word for word! Yes this stuff is archived back as faras2008. You can also see that carl still does not know how the repairs were paid for in 2004-2005 even though he was on the board at that time! I will state that i dont give a tinkers **** if washington is happy or not

I have restrained from discussing and responding to the correspondence until now. Our Board has discussed these issues and if we were a "true timeshare", not an interval ownership, the matter would be much easier to resolve. BUT you have to remember that every unit is owned by an individual or family and that are entitled to occupy that unit every year. The construction of our units would make it necessary to have 2 elevators in F and H and three in G. Then you have the matter of security of the individual units. The only way I can think of to provide that security, would be having separate keys to operate the elevator for the different units,, but them what would we do about the bedrooms in the even numbered units.

The Cottages have an elevator in one building, but its construction is such that security is not a problem. It is sad that we can't provide for every owner is securely enter their own unit without climbing stairs, but the developers didn't have that forsight 34 years ago. My wife will not be able to travel to Sanibel with me this year for the first time we occupied our first unit, which was week 17 of 1980 and it is very depressing and sad to think of being there alone during week 16, but I may be able to convince my middle daughter to go down that week. My oldest daughter, who is an attorney who specializes in labor law, representing employers and presenting seminars for companies in how to hire and fire people, avoid all of the various purported discrimated has completely gone crazy and is traveling to Bhutan in April to go on a 10 day trek through the Himalayas with a guide, another female attorney and a yak to carry their stuff. She and her husband in the last 3 or 4 years have taken long bicycle tours in New Zealand, so they may never learn.

Hope I haven't bored you too much!!!

Lynn L Perkins, President FGH.

Lynn it would have been better if u had left this dog alone and let it sleep. U are right elevators are not practical in our buildings. I am sorry your wife can not travel i seem to recall that she had an accident several years ago while at casa.

Lynn please let your wife know i asked about her. As far as ur kids remember " we get to soon old and to late smart "

In theory, elevators are a good idea, and it is good that the subject has been raised. However, the nature of the construction of our resort is that this would just not be practical.

For those finding it difficult to carry luggage up the stairs, you can always ask the front desk for a porter to help.

PS. Lynn - what is the difference between Timeshare and Interval Ownership? I thought it was just two different names for the same thing.

Paul: The names are often confused. In a timeshare, you don't occupy the same unit each year and most timeshares are using "flex weeks" where you state your preference for a week about a year in advance. Hilton managed Hurricane House offers interval owership for weeks 1 through 16 and the rest of the units are flex weeks.

I hope thiis answers your question.

Lynn